09 Giant Glory DH1

dan-492

Likes Dirt
hey, picked my 09 DH1 up friday. its all stock for 09. loving it!

Frame - Giant Glory DH
Rear shock - Fox DHX4
Front shock/fork - Boxxer Team
Handlebars - Race Face Evolve AM LowRise
Stem - Race Face Evolve DH
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - Giant Lock On
Saddle - SDG I-Fly
Seatpost - SDG I-Beam
Front brake - Avid Elixr R
Rear brake - Avid Elixr R
Cranks - Race Face Atlas Freeride
Bottom bracket - Race Face Atlas FR
Chainguide - e-thirteen LG1
Chain - Shimano HG73 9 speed
Pedals - Dice
Rear derailleur - Sram X-9
Rear shifter - Sram X-9
Cassette - SRAM PG970 DH 9speed 11-26T
Front hub - Sun Ringle
Rear hub - Sun Ringle
Front rim - Sun MTX 33
Rear rim - Sun MTX 33
Spokes - Sapim Race 14/15G butted stainless
Tyres - Maxxis Minion 2.5 Triple Compound
Tubes - Maxxis DH
Total weight - Havnt weighed it yet

Attachments

Last edited:

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does it have that "new car" smell to it? Plan to upgrade any time soon? It looks delicious... Takes me back to the time when they first came out. *ah yes* oh how Giant have come along!

In conclusion, marvelous bike.

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
Wow that's really nice, not as nice as I had hoped, but still bloody ripper!

How do the Elixr's go?, I want a set!

dan-492

Likes Dirt
hey thanks guys, no real plans to upgrade yet, but what would you first upgrade? flip whip the elixrs are great in my opinion. plenty of power and great modulation for their price.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does it have that "new car" smell to it? Plan to upgrade any time soon? It looks delicious... Takes me back to the time when they first came out. *ah yes* oh how Giant have come along!

Sounds like my English assignment...

Nice bike mate, Want one

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WoW they look even better than the current 2008 ones, and I must admit they look a hell of a lot better real life than they do on the Giant Website.

But yes, spec is awesome for the price and it sure looks the full quid, enjoy it. ;)

Deviant_Devil

Likes Dirt
SWEEEEEEEEET RIDE MAN

Enjoy your new bike!!!

My Mate doesn't like the 09 DH1 so you can bag him all you want!!!! (mtb_rider32)

J

JaRedy

Very cool!!! My mate got his 3 days ago, paid like nothing for it too :eek:

What's the retail for one of those? It's like $3500-$4000 isnt it?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I found my I-Fly seat to slippery for DH and changed to a slightly heavier but much comfier Bel air. Might have just been the seat I had though.
Are the Elixirs the top model with carbon leavers and pad adjustment?Just saw they're the Elixir Rs, sorry
sweet bike. Did they move the Glory hole further forward or is the frame the same?

dan-492

Likes Dirt
thanks for the positive comments guys. yeah i like it. i paid $3100 for it because i ordered it when the retail was at $3595 and bike shop gave me a good deal. now the retail has gone up to $3995 so im wrapped i got it for such a good price. regarding the frame, i am pretty sure there is no change in frame from 07's or 08's.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for the positive comments guys. yeah i like it. i paid $3100 for it because i ordered it when the retail was at $3595 and bike shop gave me a good deal. now the retail has gone up to $3995 so im wrapped i got it for such a good price. regarding the frame, i am pretty sure there is no change in frame from 07's or 08's.
I ordered mine in September and still no word. Paying $3400 for mine... so you got a good deal!

Lorday

Eats Squid

A cheap and simple way to get that "new thing" smell is to buy a can of grease and a new set of tires: open the tin, unwrap the tires, close your eyes. Enjoy.

You'll be fooled to think theres an awsome "new thing" in front of you with a minute most days.

Anyway, sick ride. Looks farkin tops!

JARRY

Likes Dirt
Jesus that is sooooooooooooooo much better than the previous one those mtx's are off the chain