08 Giant STP Pro Vs. Norco Havoc Vs. GT 08 model Vs. Yetti Arc

frosty1995

Likes Bikes
( the GT is an Avalanche Expert) Looking for new bike cant make the decision by myself need some help in picking out of those bikes or if someones got a better bike. price range for a new bike that can be suggested round 2g's. need new gloves 2.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
i heard STP Pro is like $3000+ or something....that much for an stp is ridiculous dont care what bits are on it....

Last edited:

frosty1995

Likes Bikes
thanks if i can get more confermation ill cross STP off the list:D other suggestions under 2g's still welcome

LJohn

Likes Dirt
STP Pro $2899

GT 08 what?

I get the impression that this is a joke.

If its not, go learn about bikes using a thing call google and narrow your choices down. Then go test ride them. Then buy. Don't ask people who have no idea what you're doing.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went from a GT avalanche to the STP. For freeriding and urban stuff the STP kills it!
If you can afford the PRO luck you!!:eek:

LJohn

Likes Dirt
duh of course, didn't read the OP properly.

STPs are versatile, but the avalanche and yeti are more XC oriented. If you like to jump, the STP is going to work better than the others, but the Manik will also be good all round.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
the yeti sounds good but the STP is better for the things i do:

p.s. i am Frosty1995 in my friends account

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
i heard STP Pro is like $3000+ or something....that much for an stp is ridiculous dont care what bits are on it....
Mattyp, you should refrain from posting on things that you obviously don't have a farking clue about.

More like $2899 list, probably $2500-2600 cash from most shops.
The spec is awesome even at the price, and the STP frame is light, strong and has good geometry.
However, its not really a freeride bike...

As suggested, a Manik would be a great allrounder, perhaps with some choice upgrades.

STP0 is well inside $2k and also offers excellent value but again, only if your freeriding involves a
fair bit of dirtjumping, street etc.

Avalanche is entry level XC, fail. Yeti is elite XC, again, fail.

Havok is great entry level DJ, strong but heavy and average parts...might be ok but the STPs crap on them from a great height value wise.

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as somebody said above. Use google to research, tell us your price range, and dont just put what seem like random bikes in your shortlist.

havoc - $1000 reasnbly good for the money dirt jump bike.
STP Pro - $2899 in my opinion the best dirt jump/street bike you can buy straight from the shop.
GT - A cross country bike that doesnt deserve it title as a XC bike, usually used as a commuter by insane buissnessmen that think they need a mountain bike to ride to the shops.
Yeti - 3 words: XC race bike, seeing your knowledge of bikes, you dont need one.

Now go to a couple of bike shops, talk to the guys there, they'll point you in the right direction.

frosty1995

Likes Bikes
Thanks everyone but already decided on on the Havoc its a jump bike which i want and it's good freestyle. and at a price where i got left over ca$h:D

floody

Wheel size expert
You'll probably only spend the left over cash replacing Norco's cheesey home brand stuff that you could have left stock on the STP0...

Floody: Werd. Quality of the gear hanging off it is second to none.

I picked up an STP Pro just after xmas ride away for $2300. I had seriously considered a Santa Cruz Jackal because they ride so nicely and give me a boner to look at but for the spec v price STP wins hands down. And it is sick, I love it. Totally did the business on my east coast road trip.

Pikes, e13, new shimano rapid fire system (which is extremely cool), Beefy saint cranks, etc,etc,etc.

I didnt want to become another STP rider posting on the forums, but well i like it so you can all blow me :D