07 Reign X1

brod2man

Cannon Fodder
hayd = fool

its a good bike but where-in this most trunkless of bikes, though boner inducing as it is, where-in will you be depositing your most recently deceased cargo?

Plow King

Little bit.
Fantastic bike mate, First thing I would do would be to dtch the coil shock and chuck an air one in there. Easy to do and would make quite a noticable difference. Also I think you should change the rims sometime, although they are strong they are overkill on that bike, I've ran them for like a year on my norco dh bike and have not once got a flatspot or a buckle!

I've got to get around to building one up some time!

Cheers Chris

Last edited:

hayd

Likes Dirt
Fantastic bike mate, First thing I would do would be to dtch the coil shock and chuck an air one in there. Easy to do and would make quite a noticable difference.

Cheers Chris
I'm not sure. I want it to be very durable and be able to take everything I can give it, and i dont really care about weight (as long as its not a tank). And for the extra cost I cant really justify purchasing a new shock, when the first one's still brand new. Maybe further down the line when the coil's trashed I'll reconsider

Sam02

Likes Dirt
You are one lucky man. That is is awesome ride, what will you be using it for mainly?

Rik

logged out
Fantastic bike mate, First thing I would do would be to dtch the coil shock and chuck an air one in there. Easy to do and would make quite a noticable difference
Why would you want to do that :confused: The thing that makes the Reign X bikes great is the fact they can clear a coil shock!

hayd

Likes Dirt
You are one lucky man. That is is awesome ride, what will you be using it for mainly?
bit of everything, but mainly aggressive all-mountain. Ive got heaps of downhiller friends so hopefullf I'll be able to keep up with them. I love it because I'll be able to do almost everything on it (except for trials of course)

Plow King

Little bit.
Why would you want to do that :confused: The thing that makes the Reign X bikes great is the fact they can clear a coil shock!
Meh, No need for one in my opinion. I doubt you will be going hard enough for long enough on that bike to overcook an air shock anyway.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Meh, No need for one in my opinion. I doubt you will be going hard enough for long enough on that bike to overcook an air shock anyway.
3 minute's on a dh track seem's to cook them fine.

The whole point of the X series was so they could have a coil, cause that's what people wanted. You cant smash out massive runs with drop's on a coil shock, you'll screw it soon. Hence the coil(and extra travel) This reign is a fully blown freeride rig.

<tim>

Likes Bikes
Mmmmmmm I want one.

The coils good, keep it. If he wanted to do more XC stuff he would of got the normal reign which has an air shock, less durable parts and lighter. I wish I had more travel on my normal reign, the reign x is the ultimate compromise.

cavemann

Likes Dirt
yeah it looks pretty damned cool, let us know how it handles the rough stuff
and i would keep the coil, i don't trust air(dangerous stuff);)

hayd

Likes Dirt
dont know why this got reserected, but yeah it handles every thing fine, climbing's a bit tough though

benni

Banned
Fantastic bike mate, First thing I would do would be to dtch the coil shock and chuck an air one in there. Easy to do and would make quite a noticable difference. Also I think you should change the rims sometime, although they are strong they are overkill on that bike, I've ran them for like a year on my norco dh bike and have not once got a flatspot or a buckle!

Cheers Chris
Why would you want to get weaker rims that are more liable to dint or buckle, i think id rather keep the better ones..:rolleyes:

p.s sweet bike man, how is it for a bit of dh?