06 NSW state Dh calander??????

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
has the NSW state Dh calander been released yet?

i know that thredbo is april 1 & 2 and ourimbah has the state champs on august 12 & 13

can anyone fill in the gaps for me?

i want to start letting work know when ill need time off :D

thanx

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Just a few things getting ironed out. We're hoping to get NSWMTBA up and running in full After the National Champs.

but

Lithgow 6th 7th May

Hunter?

CORC?

Also this year if you race on a day licence you can not accrue points in the series. And to be eligable to race the Champs you must race at least one other round and be be a full MTBA member, or so it is proposed.

Last edited:

demo man

Used to be cool.
it is being worked on like crazy.

CORC will be doing a 4X round and a DH round.

a full calendar release shouldn't be too long away.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A little birdy told me Coffs Harbour or Kempsey would be getting the June long weekend slot......
Nice of the organisers to tell the locals!!!!!:(:(:(:(

thecat

DHDozer said:
A little birdy told me Coffs Harbour or Kempsey would be getting the June long weekend slot......
Nice of the organisers to tell the locals!!!!!:(:(:(:(
It wasn't considered at the meeting so I don't now where you got it from.

If Coffs or Kempsey were to be included it would only be because the local club expressed interest. We don't just declare a race and turn up with out notice .

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
thecat said:
It wasn't considered at the meeting so I don't now where you got it from.

If Coffs or Kempsey were to be included it would only be because the local club expressed interest. We don't just declare a race and turn up with out notice .
Yeah I know, I knew it wasn't going to happen. It shits me when people speculate and say "yeah, the bloke that hangs at the bike shop knows its happening". Point is, no one except the organisers know what will eventuate and the tyre kickers should shut up.
There is plenty of great riding in NSW so I know the calendar will be bloody great, can't wait.

thecat

DHDozer said:
Yeah I know, I knew it wasn't going to happen. It shits me when people speculate and say "yeah, the bloke that hangs at the bike shop knows its happening". Point is, no one except the organisers know what will eventuate and the tyre kickers should shut up.
Then why did you broadcast it over the internet???

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where can i find out about becomming a full MTBA member? As I want to race the champs aswell and in the long run I think being a full member would be cheaper than a day licence for every race yeah?

thecat

Join a club and ask for a MTBA licence form or rock up to a race and ask for one there.

The thing is a day licence all goes to insurance and admin.
They are a pain for the clubs and MTBA Admin.

A full licence also supports MTBAs fight for land access, promotion of the sport and all the rest.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
thecat said:
Then why did you broadcast it over the internet???
I was supporting the organisers with my last quote. No need to get shirty, I was told by several people that we were going to get a start. I couldn't care less if it was raced here or not.

scblack

Leucocholic
And as far as I am aware the Mtnx and DH rounds are on spearate dates, so as to separate the Mtnx from DH. Except Thredbo.

the F.H.B

Likes Dirt
scblack said:
And as far as I am aware the Mtnx and DH rounds are on spearate dates, so as to separate the Mtnx from DH. Except Thredbo.
I dont know why they would want to seperate dates for Mtnx and DH. The only good reason i can come up with is where there is a lack of facilites, i mean i can understand if theres no Mtnx track in the same area as the DH but otherwise it creates problems for all the retail slaves having to get twice the number of weekends off.
If you look at the international race scene you get the races held the same weekend, i hope we can go the same way.
Otherwise cant wait for the season, bring it on :)

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the F.H.B said:
I dont know why they would want to seperate dates for Mtnx and DH. The only good reason i can come up with is where there is a lack of facilites, i mean i can understand if theres no Mtnx track in the same area as the DH but otherwise it creates problems for all the retail slaves having to get twice the number of weekends off.
If you look at the international race scene you get the races held the same weekend, i hope we can go the same way.
They also have both facilities available to them in the one area most of the time. Very few of our "state" tracks have both MTNX and DH tracks available in the one town/city.

scblack

Leucocholic
the F.H.B said:
It's been done this way so as to establish Mtnx as it's own discipline, and to create it's own interest and support. For too long it has been regarded as kind of the second cousin of DH, where the DH guys will race DH, oh, and then might as well give the Mtnx a go as well.

To let Mtnx stand on it's own.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
thecat said:
Just a few things getting ironed out. We're hoping to get NSWMTBA up and running in full After the National Champs.

but

Lithgow 6th 7th May

Hunter?

CORC?
No, hunter DH round this year unfortunately. I heard on the weekend what the round locations are for this season (don't know the dates) but incase it changes (or I wasn't paying proper attention) I will keep it to myself.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
This is the NSW/ACT State Down Hill Series calendar as it stands at the moment.

Round Venue Track Club Date
1 Thredbo Cannonball Raw NRG 25-26th March

2 Lithgow State Mine CTMTB 6-7th May

3 Coffs Harbour TBA CHCC 10-11th June

4 Canberra TBA CORC 8-9th July

Champ Ourimbah CCOMTB 12-13th August