05 Norco Shore / SRS

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
I swapped my DRS chain guide from my 05 Norco Shore for a SRS setup.

It wont fit :( Should it ?

Basically the 3 adjustable holes on the SRS do not line up with my screw holes on my bike without the bottom part of the SRS hitting my swingarm.

What can I do ? Can I just grind out and elongate the guide to make it fit ?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
is the SRS the new ISCG 05 pattern? (or vice versa?)

also, try using some 5mm washers to space it out... my guide (SRS I believe) on my 05 team DH is spaced out from the ISCG mounts by about 5mm using these washers...

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As for the ISCG 05, I am not sure :confused:
If the guide is a 05ISCG and the frame is the older style, its not going to work.

You can sort of see the difference in the sizes here.

You will be able to tell if they are different by placing it next to each other, they will be a fair way apart. If they are sort of close, then it might be something else.

However, if that is the problem, you can fix it by either getting a the older style back plate or buying a 05ISCG BB adapter and run it that way.

EDIT: Couple more pics.

This is another one of the size different.

And what it will look like up against the older style ISCG mounts. (I made this mistake....)

Last edited:

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh, I think we have a different problem.

My problem was the holes weren't lining up at all (as you can see, the red holes are where the bolts go into).

If yours are lining up, then you have the right guide, but the frame isn't really designed for it (or other way round..).

You could try make the bolt holes in the E13 bigger, but that could be a bit hard (and more work than its worth).

I should imagine that a BB mount will fit no problems, and this allows you to position the holes where ever you want on the frame, so you won't need to drill anything out (and void warranty etc).

Not too sure on how much they cost, but mine really wasn't too much.

The only problem is, the chain line won't be as good as it would be with the ISCG mount, but I've got mine working no worries - chain line has never bothered me.

Attachments

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Yes, the holes on mine line up. But it rotates the guide so it hits the bottom of the swingarm (like in your pic)

I actually got one of those BB adaptors with the guide. Will that sort the problem ?

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
This is the actual adaptor I got with the guide. Should this make the SRS fit on my Shore ? I have been trying to fit the guide without this adaptor.

Looking at the pics - it is an ISCG05 guide. My bike being an 05 Shore may be the old ISCG ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
Can anyone confirm if that adaptor will sort my problem ?

I really dont want to have to sheel out for a new guide if its not necessary :(