04 - 05 Upgrade process V-10 not working

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if the V-10 drop out kits come in different Axel sizes at all?

im taking the wheels etc etc off my 04 V10 and they are a thicker axel width and hub etc compared to the thinner 05 model..

aparently if i wanna use the same wheels etc i have to buy a new dropout kit but a larger axel version with some spacers cause the swingarm width is different...

ive looked on http://www.neezy.com.au/santacruz_components.htm and found then...
you guys think for an 05 frame i should buy the classic 04 V10 drop outs so i can still fit my axels n rear hub...the mounting points are still the same so its not any different i dont think....

Anyone had to do this be4 on a v10 upgrade?

i would switch the 04 drops outs over right now as i have them i just dont have the correct tool to take the allen key out as its allen on one side and like a flat headed screw on the other...weird but a pain :s

i sorta want to avoid spending an extra $236 on rear drop outs after ive just spend over $2g just for the frame alone so if someone knows how to get these bolts off that would be fantastic ...or a cheaper place than neezy :D

Last edited:

Delbs

Likes Dirt
V10 drop outs

Yeah i know but ive got a rear hadley and then if i got a new one id have to get it re laced onto the rim etc etc so i dont know if its worth it is it :S