Search results

1. fjohn860

205x65 shock on a prophet

205 being a trunnion shock, might be an issue? Not sure on the width of the prophet shock mounts.
  2. fjohn860

Transition Spire

That's a hawt bike. IMO the alloy straight tube Trannies look so much nicer than their carbon counterparts.
  3. fjohn860

VIC (All SOLD pending payment) beeb's budget beating bargain bike bits bonanza!

I'll grab the fabric scoop mate if it's still available.
  4. fjohn860

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

Expensive fittings compared to these, but fun to make.
  5. fjohn860

No, threaded onto the inner. So as it tightens on the thread the hose is clamped between the inner and outer. Like this fitting on my leyzne floor pump
  6. fjohn860

Little bit of time on my hands yesterday so hatched a plan for proper sealing (on the hose) bleed fittings.
  7. fjohn860

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

I always blame the bike :p
  8. fjohn860

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

https://www.bike24.com/p2563624.html
  9. fjohn860

Trails around Wagga or Tumbarumba?

Thats awesome.
  10. fjohn860

I hear Canyon are good too
  11. fjohn860

Sounds like you've reconnected with the right place. Gravelburn has plenty info on bikes perfect for firetrails! But on a serious note, for 3k you can even purchase fairly capable new trail bikes these days. EDIT: As @Stredda has posted plenty of top spec second hand rigs for sale. These days...
  12. fjohn860

Electric Vehicles etc

Picked up 800kg of pavers from the sloping backyard of my friends place yesterday. Thought about using my wife's hatch back and a trailer but decided on using my ute with 4wd so I didn't ruin the lawn and side driveway.
  13. fjohn860

You laugh you lose

14. fjohn860

Mobile Phone Recommendations

I had a cheap Huawei Chinese whispers phone as my personal phone and I was given a Samsung S21 FE by my work. The S21 FE was around the $500 mark. I don't like the Samsung phone ui compared to the Huawei ui that my personal phone had. I recently replaced the Huawei with a Motorola G84 which...
  15. fjohn860

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Utilised a free shuttle pass today to ride with my brother and nephew (who's birthday it was today) and did some "sick as bro DH" with all the enduro bros at the YYs. Tested out a new brake combo with Zrace levers (trickstuff looking copy) and the existing Tektro 4 piston calipers on my bike...
  16. fjohn860

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Well, shuttle day done and I didn't die. Levers work really well. They are not servo wave bitey with the Tektro calipers, but still plenty bitey enough. Definitely an improvement on the Tektro levers, less hand fatigue on the steeper tracks that I've always found to be a little hard on the...
  17. fjohn860

You laugh you lose

18. fjohn860

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

I just finished fitting these levers up Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$10.19 | ZRACE M1 X2 / X4 Mountain Bike Hydraulic Brake,Full CNC Lightweight, MTB Oil Pressure Disc Brake Set, Front and Rear MTB Brake https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqf4v FU I wanted to try them...
  19. fjohn860

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5CDkGMNeQe/?igsh=ang2MTkyYnNmcW85
  20. fjohn860

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Yes, for the damper.