Search results

1. K

[WA] 5 years since I last rode, Who here is from Perth?

Hey All It's been 5 years since I last rode, I don't know anyone in the Mtb scene and was wondering if there is anyone here from Perth that frequently rides street/urban/park or downhill? I had a look in the watering hole but doesn't seem to be any posts in there or active. Apologies to mods...
  2. K

*Beware of the Dog* [Dobermann Pinscher]

Frame: Dobermann Pinscher (Small) Fork: 2007 Rockshox Argyle 302 Bar: Easton EA70 Monkeybar 25.4 Stem: Thomson Elite 25.4, 50mm, 0 degree rise Headset: Chris King no threadset Grips: Odi Ruffian with Mr Dirt Barplugs Rear Brake: Avid Juicy 7, 6", goodridge hose with Straightline lever...
  3. K

Argyles

Hey Thinking of getting a set of argyles for myself but cant really find much reviews. Anyone got any opinions on them or heard any good/bad rumours about them? Will be for a street/dj dedicated bike. Cheers Justin
  4. K

Dobermann Pinscher

Dobermann Pinscher 2005 Marzocchi Dj1's Chris King No Threadset Ea70 Monkey bars and 24seven suicide stem DMR Chieftan Mk3's Hadley SS Hub (rear) NS Roller (Front) on Mavic ex729's with alpine 3's Shadow Conspiracy Halflink V2 Avid BB7 And yes i know some stuff needs to be changed ;)...
  5. K

Wanted, Dirtjumper Uppers04/05

What: 2004/2005 Dirtjumper uppers Price range/Willing to Pay: Give me your price and we'll go from there Location: Perth,WA, will pay for postage Extra Info: Basically cracked my 2004 Dirtjumper 2's on the crown. Wasn't able to get warranty, and their still good forks so if anyone has some...
  6. K

Dobermann MBF

My new Dobermann MBF (Man's Best Friend) in a custom candy apple green paintjob that glows in the dark :O, cheers to the boys at xxiv, Ken and Llew for hooking me up with this ride and the dobermann guys. Dobermann MBF Frame with Platinum OX tubing 05 Dirtjumper 1's Avid BB7 8" Easton EA70...
  7. K

05 DJ1's

Whats everyones opinion on the 2005 Dirtjumper 1's. I've got 2004 DJ2's and I've cracked the crowns, and i basically have the option of getting 2005 Dirtjumper 1's or buying new crowns for my 04 dj2's. I understand it says on the Marzocchi site that 05 DJ1's only take an extension kit that...
  8. K

BB Reducer Cups

Hey pple Pretty soon im going to have to be running my chieftan mk3s which are a mtb BB in a frame that has a bmx bb, which means im going to have to get some BB reducer cups. What info can you give me on them? Cost, Possible problems anyones ever experienced? Are any of the brands better...
  9. K

Dmr Problems

Hey people, i've got a dmr trailstar lt. I love the frame and the bike but theres just something about it that doesn't feel right. I know i can get it feeling heaps better as I've spent about 2 years trying to make this bike right. So basically im asking for any ideas to make it ride nicer. I...
  10. K

Thompson Elite Post (26.8)

What: Thompson Elite Seatpost 26.8 (Black) Price range/Willing to Pay: 80 But pm me anyway with your price Location: Perth Extra Info: Looking for a black thompson elite seatpost, decently long, good condition. 26.8 I'm willing to negotiate freight and other stuff.
  11. K

New Bars

Hey guys, What bars can u recommend for street/dj/dh/urban ie. everything, I want something pretty strong that wont bend/snap easily. I had azonic riserbars singlewalls but i've bent them so im looking at new bars. The bars will be run with a Azonic Aggro Stem, short freeride/dh stem...
  12. K

Spokes n Nipples for strong wheel

Hey Well im a bit undecided on spokes and nipples for my new wheelset. Im basically building up 2005 Atomlab DHRs front and rear with steel shell rear Quando TX downhill hub and 20mm Quando TX front hub. So far im a bit stuck between DT Alpine 3's and Plain 13 Gauge spokes. I hate bending...
  13. K

Rim Dilemma

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a dilemma of what rims to choose for my bike. Im riding a hardtail dmr trailstar lt with lots of chromoly parts etc, and i basically ride everything on it. I kill lots of rims so now i've only got a few choices left. Some of you might have heard my whinge on...
  14. K

Problem with Atomlab orders and Elite Cycle Imports

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, Here's my life story: It all started about 6 weeks ago. Me and some mates had decided to order some new rims for new bikes and for our current ones. We had decided on getting the Atomlab Trailpimps, we wanted the strongest rims we...
  15. K

Karnage's DMR Trailstar LT

Just thought now that my bike is running decently and clean for once i'd take a photo and give the spec sheet. Frame - 2004 DMR Trailstar LT Fork - 2004 Marzocchi Dirtjumper 2 with 130mm spring kit Headset - FSA Pig Pro DH Stem - Azonic Aggro 6 Bolt H/bar - Azonic Riser Bar F/Brake -...
  16. K

WA Freeride and Perth Farkin.net Video!

Hey Doods Yeh i finally finished the video. Got alot fo the perth riders in there but sorry no jared... he cracked his forks and couldn't come riding. But promise he'll b in the next one :P Its 45 Mb so should be fine for the 56kers too...
  17. K

Perth Ride Saturday 11th October

Theres a ride on this saturday the 11th of October in the City. We trying to get quite a few people coming. We are meeting across the bridge outside the library from perth train station. We'll be meeting there at abt 10-11 am. Riding street and urban the whole day. If you want more info please...
  18. K

WAFR SK8 PARK RIDE! WA RIDERS READ IT!

Hi guys This is basically gonna be a big ride at Nedlands Skate Park and most probally all of the WA FR guys will be coming. Sorri to Adin and all the others with ur other ride, we cant make it because of complications, eg. broken leg, holidays etc. Thats sorta y we organised this ride. Its...
  19. K

WA RIDERS MAY BE INTERESTED IN THIS

Just thought it would be a good idea to tell you's that there is a club sorta thing going on for the WA riders. Web is www.wafr.vze.com You may be interested in it ya may be not. Just though i'd let you wa farkin guys know that we have this going. Ta
  20. K

Trials: 1 finger braking

Do u guys all use 1 finger braking or not? I am on V Brakes and i try to use 1 finger braking but it doesn't seem to work very strongly. Just wondering whether anyone else has this problem?