Search results

1. LPG

Where We Ride

In the spirit of quality MTB related threads I thought we could share appreciation and/or details of where we ride; either our local trails or where we travel to ride. Anyone is welcome to post. Describe a dirt patch you skid through while dreaming of riding real MTB trails or world class mtb...
  2. LPG

Canada Trip - BC and QC

I've been looking forward to an upcoming trip to Canada, BC FOR ~ 9 days and similar time in mostly Quebec. Riding location highlights are 3 days in Squamish and 1 in Pemberton BC. I'm also keen to ride some cool trails near family I'll be visiting further inland in BC and near where I grew up...
  3. LPG

AM Another Bird in the Aviary

The frame was second hand from @Litenbror as he wanted to go down a size. I had recently replaced my Bird AM9 frame with an Aeris 9 because I needed more travel and length to compensate. This had left me with a hole in my MTB aviary between my underused hardtail and my big enduro bike. I just...
  4. LPG

Sold Bird Aeris AM9 ML Sold

Item: Bird Aeris AM9 Medium Long in Raw. Size will suit ~ 172-182 cm height https://www.bird.bike/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Aeris-AM9-V3-Technical-Data-Sheet.pdf https://www.bird.bike/product/aeris-am9-frameset/#configuration Location: Wollongong, NSW or post. Item Condition: used but good...
  5. LPG

Polygamy - How I came to have Two Birds

I was happy with one bird in my life. She was raw and a lot of fun; even after getting dirty together for a few years. Then I saw another bird and and for the first time in a while I felt that feeling. I wasn't sure if I could get this new bird to fly from the UK to me but I did what I had to do...
  6. LPG

Sold Trek Stache frame + optional parts

Item: Trek Stache Frame -Aluminium 2016 Model in Purple. Large or whatever number Trek uses. Boost wheel & 31.6 seat post Includes: headset, seat post clamp and sram gxp bb. I'll also throw in the Grips that match the blue on the decals. (Don't suit the other bikes) Optional items that could...
  7. LPG

More Eccentric Than All The Others

This is a placeholder for the build. Come back in a few weeks for more than a bit of a story and some photos of the bike thatbis going to donate most of the parts. My 2016 Trek Stache used to be my only MTB. I rode it on xc and "trail" trails as well as a bikepacking trip along the colorado...
  8. LPG

Should I buy a car at auction?

So my current car is a bit fucked. A 2006 xtrail that has a fucked catalytic converter(throwing engine code), head gasket on its way out (recently shown signs of the sealant not sealing right anymore after 4-5 months so not good) and an oil cooler oil leak (drips onto the exhaust making an hot...
  9. LPG

Sold Sold CC Valt Progressive Springs - 400-488 & 450-550

Item: cane creek valt progressive Springs No. 1 65mm stroke x 400-488 lbs/in - Sold No. 2 65mm stroke x 450-550 lbs/in Location: Wollongong, can post aus wide for ~$8 Item Condition: Light use, no. 2 has a bit more wear in the paint where it contacts the shock from slightly more use. No 1 has...
  10. LPG

NW Chainrings- Filing for extra life

So I've been getting my bike ready for a trip and when I changed the chain I found that it's running rough on the chainring when under load. The bike was built with new drive train in June with ~30-50km per week with 800-1800m of climbing. The chainring shouldn't be worn. I suspect the square...
  11. LPG

NSW Raceface Cinch Chainring 30T -Sold

Item: Raceface cinch chainring 30T Direct mount with 6mm offset for non boost chainline Location: Wollongong, NSW Item Condition: New, Reason for selling: Doesnt fit my bike. These were taken off a set of cranks for a bike build and I replaced thw chainring with a lower offset to auit the...
  12. LPG

It's a bird! it's a plane! It's a Bird Bird Aeris AM9!

Summary - I wanted an N+1 and built up a Bird AM9 - Skip the wall of text to get to the good stuff My only bike was a 2016 Trek Stache, a very fun somewhat aggressive hardtail with 29+ wheels. I love this bike and it was all the bike I needed when living and...
  13. LPG

Camping with riding

Anyone have any good tips on spots where you can camp near some worthwhile riding? I'm asking as I'm interested but I thought it would be useful to get a list of camping near trails and maybe some suggestions for activities for the non riders. I'm thinking of doing a bit of a camping and riding...
  14. LPG

NSW Rockshox Reba RL 120mm / 29" - Sold

Item: Rockshox Reba RL - Solo Air 29" - 120mm Travel - 29" - MaxleLite 15 Axle Tapered Steer Tube Item Condition: Barely Used, Approximately 5-10 rides (10-15 hours). No Scratches and no visible wear anywhere. Stanchions look like new - see photo Reason for selling: I bought these to...