Search results

1. mad greek

VIC Scott Voltage FR10 (Long) SOLD

Item: 2010 Scott Voltage FR10 (Long) Location: Pascoe Vale (Northern suburbs of Melbourne) Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Condensing bikes in order to keep the lady happy! Price and price conditions: SOLD (OPEN TO REASONABLE OFFERS). Pickup is fine. Happy to post, but buyer...
  2. mad greek

VIC 2006 Santa Cruz V10 (MED) SOLD

Item: 2006 Santa Cruz V10 (MEDIUM) Location: Pascoe Vale (Northern suburbs) Item Condition: Good! Reason for selling: Selling all my bikes, have other priorities now unfortunately Price and price conditions: SOLD! Thanks for the support guys Extra Info: Please note there are NO...
  3. mad greek

Roadworks - Obeying speed limits through active worksites

Hi All, I work for a road surfacing company in Victoria, and am constantly battled with issues from road users when roadworks are on a road they are travelling on. I am generally met by passers-by with horns blaring, or if I'm extra lucky, they'll flip me the bird for added measure. In...
  4. mad greek

STOLEN Silver/Grey Giant Trance [Carnegie, VIC]

Bike: 2006 Giant Trance Colour: Silver/Grey w/ Black Fox Vanilla RL forks Date it was stolen: 11 July 2010 - Approx 9PM Where it was stolen: Glen Huntly/Carnegie area, Victoria Specs: Bits and pieces.. But stand out parts are an old school Tioga saddle, red Tioga pedals, and a slack setup (4x...
  5. mad greek

Yarra Valley Cycles - Great customer service!

Hi All, I'm always one to praise a small shop whether it be a bike shop or something else if they do the right thing by me. In this case, YVC have outdone themselves for me and I thought I'd share the message with all of you who are a bit hesitant in making a trip to Lilydale to buy a bike or...
  6. mad greek

Is Udi alive??!?

Does anyone here know if Udi is actually alive and responding to messages at all? I know he is a valued member to the site so I highly doubt I've been shafted, but I have prepaid for a rotor to be sent which I need by the end of the week and haven't had confirmation from him it's been sent. I...
  7. mad greek

DH My new toy..

Unfortunately there is no Brooke Shields in this thread, though I am sure you can use your imagination.. Anyway.. So I got a bit bored of the travel on the ATX, and felt for someone my weight (90 odd kilos) that a bit more than 4 inches of active travel was needed (6" minus 2" sag). So I went...
  8. mad greek

Using an external ISIS BB with DMR Crisis cranks

Hi All, I'd like to try out an external bottom bracket, but currently run DMR Crisis cranks that I quite like and don't want to change if I have to. Does anybody know of an ISIS standard external bottom bracket to suit cranks other than Truvativ? Cheers, Theo
  9. mad greek

VIC Giant ATX linkage plates (Aftermarket)

Item: Giant ATX linkage plates - BETD or similar Location: Victoria, but willing to collect from either NSW or QLD, or can COD if you like Price range/Willing to Pay: Unsure of price, let me know and we'll see Extra Info: Unlikely anyone has anything for this frame, but it would be nice to...
  10. mad greek

VIC WANTED - 07/08 Boxxers

Item: Boxxer 07/08 (Any model) Location: Mitcham, VIC Item Condition: Good condition internally, externally not so much of an issue (as long as they are presentable and have no major markings) Reason for buying: Upgrading Price and price conditions: Would anyone be interested in swapping for...
  11. mad greek

Santa Cruz V10 sizing

Hi All, I am around 5'10-5'11 on the old imperial measurements. I am wondering if a large 2005 V10 frame is too large for me to buy? As I've never ridden one I can't actually tell, though the SC site says a medium would be better suited for me. For those who may own a medium or a large, how do...
  12. mad greek

Buller Weekend 27/28 December

Hi All, I just wanted to publicly thank the kind gentleman who gave me a boxxer bolt for the lowers so I could adjust my low speed compression in them. I tried it on last night once I got home and it worked, so thanks again mate! I didn't get any details about this guy (was in a hurry to...
  13. mad greek

smithy888 - Spam?

I just got a random PM from this guy asking me if I wanted to buy a hardtail?!?! Apart from the fact that I already own one, why would I get picked out of random to be offered a bike!?! Has this happened to anyone else also? Maybe this guy should be warned or banned if it's a bot.. Cheers...
  14. mad greek

Giant ATX DH2 restoration project

Hi All, I've always had a "thing" for the Giant ATX DH frame since I was younger. I could never afford them back in their prime days so made an effort to buy one now to restore to its former glory. It's nothing special, but it rides great for me :) I replaced all linkage bearings and gave...
  15. mad greek

TBSM - Great service for everything!!

So I got the Saint bug and ordered some brakes for my restoration project (ATX DH 2). I gave TBSM a go as I'd heard great reviews about their prices and delivery times. I ordered on Saturday and they arrived today, GREAT turnaround time! The only gripe I had was that I ordered some brake...
  16. mad greek

Is this a good deal? <- '09 Saint stuff

'09 Saints, with M755 hose (not M810 stuff), for 420 AUD http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-2009-SAINT-Disc-Brake-BL-M810-BR-M810P-Post-Mount_W0QQitemZ130255083656QQihZ003QQcategoryZ58082QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting Anyone bought from this guy? I don't buy from eBay much...
  17. mad greek

Circa 2000 Shimano XT 4-pots bleed nipple issue..

Hi All, The threads that my bleed nipple screw in to on my XT 4-pots are knackered. I can screw the nipple in but it will never tighten, so suspect someone overtightened them for me when my bike was bought many many years ago and now it's broken when I tried to do a bleed :( *cries* As...
  18. mad greek

Help! 2003 Boxxer w/ Shimano M755 brake

Hi All, I've been searching the web for an adapter for my 2003 Boxxers > XT 4 pot brakes and can't seem to find anything sold in Australia :( Is it me, or am I looking in the wrong spot? Alternatively, does anyone have a design they can provide me so I can try and knock something up? Someone...
  19. mad greek

2003/2004 Boxxer steerer crown

Item: 2003/2004 Rock Shox Boxxer lower crown/steerer Location: Melbourne (happy to buy and accept through post though) Item Condition: Not cracked! 240mm steerer at least :) Reason for buying: Want a long steerer (not extended) so I can run a headlock on the bike at a later date Price and price...
  20. mad greek

DH Direct disc rotors on XT 4 pots

G'day guys, Just wondering if anyone has used Bill's new rotors on the Shimano XT 4 pots? I am after an 8" rotor and want to try this design. Did you notice any better braking? Maybe worse? Last time I spoke to Bill he hadn't tried them on the XT's so wanting to get an opinion from you guys...