Search results

1. thatsnotme

What is this damn noise??

So recently, my bike has developed a bloody annoying noise, and I've been unable to figure out what's making it. I'll probably take it back into the shop on Wednesday, but if there's something I can do to fix it without having to worry about that, it would make me very happy (especially seeing...
  2. thatsnotme

Warranty Claims - can you go straight to the manufacturer?

I'm asking this on behalf of a mate, but I'm interested in hearing the answer myself too. The background is this. My mate has a bike with a Reverb Stealth dropper post, and a while ago it developed an unwanted drop - ie, when you'd sit on it, it'd drop an inch or two. Something was...
  3. thatsnotme

Coolest Goodie Bag Loot?

I'm pretty much a XC racer (and by 'racer', i mean 'participant') so I don't know how this stuff works in other events, but I love seeing what cool, inventive stuff you get in your bag at the registration desk. Bottles are pretty much standard, but it's always cool to get something out of...
  4. thatsnotme

Help me choose a new bike?

Long story short - I currently ride a 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 0. It's not the bike for me. My riding is more XC oriented, but I don't want to go to a full XC rig - looking at something in the Trail category that's closer to the XC side than the AM / Enduro side. This'll be my one MTB, so...
  5. thatsnotme

TALAS Fork won't stay in lowered setting

I've got a 2014 Trance with a 140mm TALAS Evo fork. Seems if I use the TALAS to bring it down to 120mm on a ride, at the end of it if I release the TALAS switch it's already back up to 140mm. I don't really use that feature a lot, so I'm only going off a handful of rides, but it seems like at...
  6. thatsnotme

Hi from Canberra

I've been posting a bit on here for a couple of months now, but never did get around to posting an intro. Seems like there's a pretty big community vibe going on here, so figured I'd say hi properly! I didn't get into MTB until I was 37, a couple of years back now. My first experience was...
  7. thatsnotme

Giant Contact dropper woes - pivoting saddle

Long explanation, for a couple of questions. I'm having all sorts of dramas with my Giant dropper post. Several times, the saddle's pivoted if I land on the back of it, so I end up with the nose pointing into the sky and my arse wanting to slide off the back! Doing some searches, seems like...
  8. thatsnotme

Weird issue after servicing Fox fork lowers

I've got a Fox 32 Evo Talas fork that I've just serviced - new oil and dust wiper kit. It's the first time I've done it, and all went well, didn't run into any major issues, aside from the wiper kits being a bit of a prick to get in - those things are tight! Put it back on my bike, filled it...
  9. thatsnotme

2014 Fox 32 Talas Evo Fork - what oil??

I've got a 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1, which came with a Fox 32 CTD Talas Evolution fork. I'd like to be able to do my own dust wiper kit servicing on it, but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out whether this fork is suitable for the Fox Gold oil or not. Obviously, I want to make sure I...