Search results

1. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Hi all I know there's some other motorcyclists on here, and I'm keen for some opinions. So I've decided I'm finally going to do the trip I've been dreaming about for a few years now - riding from the family home in Tomerong (just outside of Jervis Bay, NSW) to the family holiday home in Port...
  2. crash3

Freehub bodies - educate me

Hi all So I removed, cleaned and lubed my shimano freehub body two nights ago, and noted that the bearings within the freehub body itself are toast. This got me looking at replacing the freehub body, then naturally I thought about upgrading it. So the freehub body standard thing is pretty...
  3. crash3

Brake upgrades - give me your opinions

Hi all I can't get my rear wheel to lock up unless I'm leaning over the bars, so I think this is my next obvious upgrade for my bike. Looking at my bike ('21 Polygon Siskiu T7), the equipped brakes are Tekro HD-M735 calipers (4 front / 2 rear), 180mm rotors front and rear. I've come up with...
  4. crash3

SCUM Flow-X series

Round 2 of SCUM's Flow-X series is next Sat (2nd July): South Coast United Mountain Bikers (scum.asn.au) Considering entering this as my first competitive event; my fitness isn't amazing but this is timed sections with travel/liason sections inbetween, so plenty of chances for rest. Any other...
  5. crash3

WTB: 3x8 shifters

FOUND 3x8 shifters Located Strathfield, sydney (happy to pay post) Looking to pay up to $70 Going on my Trek 3900 which has Shimano Acera derailleurs
  6. crash3

Braking issues

Howdy y'all I recently purchased my first (real) mountain bike, a Trek 3900 (2011 I think) with Tektro Novela cable disc brakes. With a bit of age I figured there'd be some issues, and I was right... The back of the caliper (called the anvil I think?) where the adjuster screw for the...
  7. crash3

Newbie saying hello

Hey everyone! Just bought my first (decent) bike, an '11 Trek 3900 hardtail with cable discs. Currently located in Wollongong and soon moving to the Strathfield/Ashfield area, anybody got any suggestions on some nice trails for a beginner who's ok with going a bit rough? Apparently I...