Search results

1. D

Buying New Frame

Wanting to upgrade from my Glory to a better bike, but only want to buy the frame..., anyone would know of brands of bikes I could purchase a frame from for under $2K, that's shipping included, seems like a challenge but yeah. Cheers
  2. D

Changing Bikes

I currently have a medium Giant Glory 01 2010, awesome bike so light, but its time to change. Thinking about getting an Airborne ( http://www.airbornebicycles.com/products/136-pathogen-frameset.aspx ) but not sure of the sizing. Would I get 17in or 15in? Please help :)
  3. D

Downhill Bike Weight

My Glory weights in at 14.8kg, is this a good weight? Or does anyone else have a dh bike lighter than this?
  4. D

Snapped Chain Guard

So, recently I snapped the bottom off my chain guard in a crash. My bike is Giant Glory 01. Standard Chain guard. What do I do? Should I buy another chain guard? or is there a way of fixing it cause it now makes a loud sound and makes me feel unpleasant on the bike especially doing rocky dh...
  5. D

New Help With Ideas

Well building a DH track in Sydney and have come to a problem, there is a drop and well its too sketchy to hit because you need to be going really fast and there is a cliff next to it so we have decided there will be no drop. So we are trying to come up with ideas which would work, we don't want...
  6. D

Dirt Jump VS Wooden Jump

Just would like to get some peoples opinions, what is better all round for a large Dh Jump and landing; Need to get the right idea to then design my jumps ~Completely made of wood ~Wood base then topped with dirt ~Made of 99% dirt (A lot of Dirt) ~Or using like a fallen over tree to...
  7. D

Transporting from DLSR to Instagram

I'm really having trouble trying to get a video off my DLSR Camera to post on instagram. I have tried ~Emailing it, was too large (File is only 10 secs long, instagram allows 15 seconds) ~Uploading it to Gmail and Hotmail clouds and downloading it on Iphone and Samsung - non worked ~Posting...
  8. D

DH or XC Pennant Hills ~ North Epping

Been riding a lot around the Pennant Hills area and was really wondering. Is there anyone who could please tell me where some good DH or XC trails? I've found a good one and filmed it. I would be happy to tell you where it is so if you could check it out ~...
  9. D

Hornsby Mountain Bike Park

As people may or may not know Quarry Rd Hornsby houses a few old and new xc tracks, ranging from green to black runs. Does anyone know the future plans of this part?, is synergy trails or council planning in building a double diamond black run or dh run in Hornsby bike park? I believe they need...
  10. D

Riding in Vietnam

Family and I are heading to Vietnam in the next holidays and I was just wondering, has anyone done/heard of any bike related things you can do?, for example my mates went on a 7 day motor bike ride through Vietnam with the whole family. Is there any other activities like this in Vietnam that...
  11. D

Upgrading to Shimano Saints

On my bike at the moment I currently run a Shimano saint shifter and derailleur is it wise or necessary to upgrade my brakes and rotors to Shimano Saints? I currently run Elixir R disc brakes, should I upgrade to Shimano Saint?, is it a wise move?
  12. D

Quick question

What suburb is the club mainly based around?
  13. D

Lake Macquarie tracks?

Heading up to lake Macquarie this weekend, anyone know of any trails up there, I could possibly ride?
  14. D

Freeride/Dh/MTB Tracks in NSW

Can people please tell me, where some Freeride/Dh/MTB trails are in NSW pleasee. Would really like to go and ride them while still on holidays, thanks. Anywhere in NSW would be nice, cheers.