Search results

1. R

VIC [SOLD] Trek Fuel EX 8 2020 XL

SOLD
  2. R

Ignition - Falls Creek 18 November - Canberra riders?

Long shot, but wondering if any Canberra-based members are travelling down to Falls Creek for Ignition 18-20 November? Or know of anyone who is? I am heading up with a Melbourne crew, but I’ve since had a work-commitment booked for the morning of Friday 18 November in Canberra that I can’t...
  3. R

My Buller epic

I'm heading there soon for the first time, and thinking of taking this Stonefly descent option. Which section on the Epic Trail is the fire road? Looking at trailforks, it seems like after the Stonefly climb the trail goes -> West Summit Trail -> Stirling Trail -> Fork Creek Trail -> Baldy ->...
  4. R

VIC Sold

I just paid $150 for one of these on Facebook. It's a $300 saddle.
  5. R

Stolen [VIC] 24" Giant XTC SL Jr custom build - Fitzroy

My kids 24" Giant XTC SL Jr was taken from out front of our place in Fitzroy this afternoon. Bike: 24" Giant XTC SL Jr Colour: Blue Date it was stolen: 12 Feb 2020 Where it was stolen: Kerr St Fitzroy VIC Specs: Giant XTC SL 24” frame and suntour xcr air fork Stans Crest 24” Mk3 wheelset...
  6. R

VIC SOLD

Sent PM
  7. R

VIC [SOLD] SCOTT SPARK PRO 29er CARBON XL

PRICE DROP. I'll keep it if it doesn't see at this price.
  8. R

VIC [SOLD] SCOTT SPARK PRO 29er CARBON XL

SOLD
  9. R

[VIC] Salsa Woodchipper dirt drops

Item: Salsa Woodchipper dirt drop bars, prefer 25.4 x 46cm, but could also do 44cm Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $40 posted depending on condition, but I have found these for $20 before PM reply please
  10. R

Chain reaction cycles

Worst is when it's a three week wait for the final part needed to complete a build, after you've already waited a few weeks to get all the main bits together.
  11. R

Chain reaction cycles

It was via TNT. But I am waiting on another TNT delivery with Planet-X - placed on 2 November, shipped on 3 November, still waiting.
  12. R

Chain reaction cycles

Received my latest order just 15 minutes ago. 11 days - ordered 10 November - about average, but I have always found CRC to be a lot slower than Wiggle, for example.
  13. R

Long XC trails / tours in Victoria

Yeah after a bit more than rail trails. Happy to do that with my kid on the bike seat or in the trailer on a credit-card tour. But I'm wanting just me, my bike and the bush. Alpine National Park is also a possibility - there's a lot of 4WD tracks through there that get pretty rugged and...
  14. R

29er tyre recommendation - mixed trails/roads

Thanks - they look alright. Also cheap online at the moment so might give them a shot.
  15. R

Might look into ski trails too. I really want to ride the razorback from Mt Feathertop to Mt Hotham - would be a great ride, certainly makes a great walk/run. But I'm pretty sure it's no bikes there.
  16. R

Ah yeah great dividing trail looks great, thanks. I've actually walked and run parts of the Lerderderg section before, but I didn't see bikes on it when I was there so it didn't occur to me - also didn't realize you could link all the different sections. Will defs put it on the list.
  17. R

29er tyre recommendation - mixed trails/roads

After a recommendation for some 29er tyres I can use on mixed trails and tarmac. It's for touring where I'll be riding tarmac to fire trails to some easy single track. I'm currently riding some 700x40 Schwalbe Land Cruisers. They're alright but I want something fatter.
  18. R

First post, hi! Anyone have any recommendations on long trails / overnight MTB tours in Victoria? I'm talking offroad with lightweight kit. I'm thinking this may not go much further than linking a bunch of fire trails (eg Grampians), but obviously would like something a bit more...