Search results

1. F

Little black balls in my Roval Traverse SL rims

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before? I've got a set of Roval traverse SL carbon rims on my 2013 enduro. I run em tubeless with Stans sealant. I was washing the bike after a ride tuther day and as the rear wheel was free spinning whilst in my stand I hear a rattling noise from the...
  2. F

Why motorists dislike cyclists...

I mostly ride MTB but also a bit of road. When I ride road I usually ride with a mate of mine and we will generally ride side by side coz we don't take this shit too seriously and we'll have a bit of a chat as we ride. As soon as a car comes up behind us we simply drop into single file, the...
  3. F

Where to buy 888 firm spring

Found one and ordered from TF Tuned in the UK if anyone is in the same boat.
  4. F

Hole in Red Fire rim

Cheers everyone for your replies, my mind (and clacker) is now at ease. The hole is in the section of the rim near the spoke holes and doesn't affect the sealing of the tyre. Makes sense when you think about it to allow expanding/contracting etc. Thanks again.
  5. F

Hole in Red Fire rim

Hi all, I have just recently bought a Fulcrum Red Fire wheel set which I imported from an online store in the UK. When I unpacked the wheels, I noticed a 3mm hole in the side wall of each rim. Can anyone tell me if this hole is meant to be there? The rims are sealed (tubeless) and I've...
  6. F

Where to buy 888 firm spring

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a firm spring for a Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo V.2 fork. 2013. NS Dynamics are out of stock and a World Wide Web search has so far turned up donuts! If not I'll wait till NSD get stock. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
  7. F

SOLD Hope Head set Brand new

Bump it up price drop now $60
  8. F

what is you all time favarioute bike

Favourite bike I've got a 2006 reign. I've just pimped it up with reverb, hope hoops on flow ex rims and full XT drivetrain. I tossed up the idea of buying a new bike but I just can't give up the frame, its awsome.
  9. F

SOLD Hope Head set Brand new

Item: Hope Conventional Head Set (Blue) 1 1/8 inch steerer. Location: Hobart Item Condition: Brand new, still in packaging, never fitted. Reason for selling: Don't need it. Price and price conditions: $60 posted anywhere in Aus. Paid $116. Extra Info: Wrong cup size for my bike. Comes...
  10. F

Upgrade from 3x9 to 3x10, do I need new cranks?

Thanks for the help Thanks for clearing that up for me. XT shadow 9 rear mech and shifter in the trading area shortly as soon as the new gear arrives!
  11. F

Upgrade from 3x9 to 3x10, do I need new cranks?

I'm currently upgrading my 2006 Reign from 3x9 to 3x10. I'm hoping to get away with using the original Race Face XC triple crankset but I'm not sure this will be compatable with 10 speed? Can I just put new 10 speed chain rings on the crankset or will the spacing not be right?? If it can't be...
  12. F

Trail tires?

Tyres I highly recommend Maxxis Advantage. I use the 2.25 wire bead on Flow EX rims tubless, on my Reign and I rate em as the best tyres I've used. I use the wire bead as they are lighter and cheaper than the UST version (which only comes in 2.1) Wire bead is better for tubeless but if you're...
  13. F

LBS etiquette

Online V LBS My way of thinking is that I buy most of my expensive gear online, if I can fit it myself. I do most of my own servicing but get out of my depth when it comes to pulling forks and shocks apart so when it comes to servicing them - straight to the bike shop. My LBS is great to deal...
  14. F

Ride the best of Tassie's North East

Great site Thanks for the heads up re the NE. I get up to St.Helens a fair bit to see the in laws and you've just provided me with an escape plan!!!
  15. F

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

Never too old! [Hi all, Tony here, this is my first post so just introducing myself. I've been riding mountain bike since I was a kid in one way or another, mostly all mountain riding with a few good mates. I bought my first DH bike last year at age 41 and as my wife keeps telling me I'm...
  16. F

2009 Norco Atomik torque settings on suspension linkages

Hi, Im trying to find the correct torque settings for the suspension linkages for my 2009 Norco Atomik. I have searched the net and Norco site and had no luck! I dont have the original tech manual so no good there either. I'd appreciate any advice as to what torque setting to use based on...