Search results

1. J

Evolution of 4X frames

I don't mean to be critical here but how can you say BMX hasn't changed. Compare a modern race bike with a 30 year old one, compare a modern supercross style track with a 30 year old one. That's like saying there have been no changes in mtb or road bikes either. I don't know much about 4x but...
  2. J

Advice on buying a BMX for my 5 year old son.

Hi, Racing is a bug that you can't get out of your system, great for kids, 5 year old are sprockets and check out for info on BMXA and BMXQ website. BMX Ultra is a great forum to check out as well. Work out what you want street or race and go from there, any BMX can be raced on but the race...
  3. J

DH bike hire in Cairns?

Hi, Just got back from Cairns yesterday (BMX state titles) at the caravan park we stayed at there was a brochure about MTB trail rides and Downhill rides with bike hire. The mrs threw it out but it was Mountain Bike Hire or something like that ( couldn't spend any more money). Google is your...
  4. J

What do your kids ride?

Well here's my 6 year old, not a mtb bike but she has fun. The race picks are with her old bike, I got a bit carried away building her new bike and it weigh's about 6.2kg's. Her older brother has just started on a mtb bike but no size issues with him he's 13 and 6 ft tall, for those that know...
  5. J

good service at lbs

Brendon from South East Cycles at Beenleigh, great guy, great shop, great service.
  6. J

Cleats or flats :s????

The most important thing is to have fun. Flats or clipless, hard tail or dually, downhill or xc. The arguement can go on for ever. I have clipless on my mtb and flats on my bmx. I enjoy both bikes but I don't think I could ride a bmx on clips. There is a large trend in bmx for kids to use clips...
  7. J

Have I been f#@ked over by BSC bike store melbourne going bust ?

This thread was started by someone asking advice about a problem. Alot of people have made comments and I'm sure we wish good luck with the outcome. BUT why get on here and winge and be negative about LBS and say they rip people off, you sound like the type that always buys OS and then whing...
  8. J

Have I been f#@ked over by BSC bike store melbourne going bust ?

Hi JBG, Good luck my advice is to send nice emails and also contact the Liquidator (should be available as a public record) BUT be nice at all times. You could be classed as a unsecured creditor where you will have to wait out for the outcome. You will need your receit and make sure you...
  9. J

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Hi to all. Started riding as fitness for BMX racing but its grown a life of its own. I built up a bike based on a norco frame and its holding together well and as it was cheap (2nd hand parts) I'm upgrading it as I work out what I want in a bike. The garage is being taken over with bikes and...
  10. J

skatepark etiquette

Great thread guys, Agree with all your points respect to all, every one has right to use parks. I ride a MTB and a bmx but not at a park. we have the same problens with parents letting their kids play on the track and then abuse us when things go wrong. Alll these rule are made for safety as...