Search results

1. M

coming back from hernia surgery

I recon your work is certainly tougher than mine mate, I'm a postie (motor bike). My surgeon initially said 2 weeks, which suited me as I would be off on nil pay, but the Doc my work uses wanted 4 weeks......between them they settled on 3. Cheers
  2. M

coming back from hernia surgery

Mine sounds alot like your's, both sides, mesh, non key-hole. I was back at work in 3 weeks and commuting 20k. Gave it about 5 weeks before I rode XC. IMO the mesh is pretty solid and you'd probably handle a lot more than you think. These days guys play footy after 2 or 3 weeks and I did a...
  3. M

Wanted...Polar CS series speed sensor (forks)

Hi I lost my wireless speed sensor (forks) for my Polar CS100 computer. If anyone has a stuffed polar computer I'd be keen on buying your speed sensor, please PM me. Any sensor from the Polar CS series of computers will be compatible. Cheers Mike
  4. M

Knee pain / injury. Advice needed please!

Everything suggested sounds pretty right but I'll add plenty of fish oil tablets to the mix. Worked for me.
  5. M

Which pads for XT BR-M765 brakes pls?

Thanks heaps guys
  6. M

Which pads for XT BR-M765 brakes pls?

Hi, about to use a voucher on-line for some odds and ends and I need a little advice please. I'm running Shimano XT BR-M765 brakes and need some new pads. Currently using XTR BR-M965 (M07S) pads but can't find them at the store I'm using. I notice the BR-M775 looks the same and is suppose to...
  7. M

water bottle cage- side removal of the bottle

Here's one from Pushys.com http://www.pushys.com.au/lezyne-flow-right-side-load-bottle-cage.html On special at the moment for $10, they come in left or right feed, black or white. I had the same prob as you. Very happy with mine now but remember if you want a right hand feed and you're...
  8. M

Problems correctly searing a tyre on to a rim

Hi, having a few probs correctly seating MTB tyres (with tubes) on rims. They're not sitting evenly 1st time so the tyre wobbles a bit when spun. I usually end up getting it right by 1/2 deflating the tyre and pulling it across than pumping it up, then 1/2 deflating and pulling it across and so...
  9. M

How do I remove the bearing races from a Shimano XT hub HB-M788

Yeh, on car hubs we were taught at college to take out the bearing race then tap out the cups. Anyway had to pop out the bearings individually with a screw driver, the rubber/plastic race won't come out with breaking it but I can see through the holes that the inner surface the bearings roll...
  10. M

Ok, do I pop them out 1 by 1 with a screw driver and then take out the rubber race so I can inspect the inner cup's surface? or do I pop the whole cage and bearings out in 1 go to get a look at it?
  11. M

Thanks for the reply blacksp20 There's is a couple of little marks on the cones I removed, I can buy replacements for those but if the internal surface is also pitted (can't see atm because of the bearings) it's a waste of time and money buying the new parts. cheers Mullet
  12. M

Hi I need to inspect the cones of my Deore XT hub model HB-M788 (front) and I'd appreciate some advice on removing the soft bearing races. I took out the hub axle and cones but the bearing races are preventing me from inspecting the inner running surfaces. The bearings are sitting in a soft...
  13. M

Struggling With CenterLock

That's cause the 15mm front requires a different lock ring to the rear. There's not enough room for the cassette removal tool to fit around the 15mm axle so you need a Shimano SM-HB20 15/20mm Axle Hub Centerlock Rotor Lockring. You use a Shimano bottom bracket tool to tighten the lockring.
  14. M

Prescription lenzes and MTB, tips please

Thanks but you assume too much... I have no cover at all. Spoke to 3 op's today and they recon they would send away to Oakley for the scrip lenses :rant: I got my scrip anyway Right....... -1.25 over -0.25 x 160 Left........ -0.50 over -1.25 x 60 I'll try and see on-line where I can...
  15. M

I can't wear contacts so glasses it will be. So setonz, did you did you get clear lenses with your prescription, or just clear lenses? I just checked out their site, thanks, looks interesting. Cheers and thanks for all the great advise guys.
  16. M

Hi, eyes are a little dodgy and planning a few night rides (& maybe a night race or 2) so I think I need to upgrade from the good old prescription sunnies I currantly use when I ride. Should I get some bike glasses that take prescription inserts or is there something better on the market. Any...
  17. M

What's the right tool for XT chain ring bolts?

It's a 10 speed FC - 770
  18. M

What's the right tool for XT chain ring bolts?

Hi I was about to remove the chainring bolts on a Shimano XT crankset to add some bling but none of my allen keys seemed to fit right, is there a special tool for these bolts or am I missing something? Thanks guys. Cheers
  19. M

Wtd 29er forks, tappered steerer, 15mm axel

Bump de bump
  20. M

Wtd 29er forks, tappered steerer, 15mm axel

I'm still looking, thanks.