Search results

1. C

WTB old school cranks for shortening project on my sons bike

Gday folks looking for a set of cranks to chop and shorten for my sons scott voltage JR20 after a decent level solid crank that runs 104 4 bolt PCD, would be great if it came with the BB set as well, the scott runs a non external style bb and is 63mm in width obviously it goes without...
  2. C

AM Craftworks FRX 125 build.

large :) and I have to agree with the sentiments of others here, this bike does its best at doing everything well. compared to the big dollar GT FORCE carbon frame it replaces.. the craftworks does the tech bits and descents much better. it climbs just as well as the gt in 90% of the...
  3. C

I took this thing out for its maiden bush run this weekend just gone at Nerang state forest... soo much fun. just need a dropper post now and i'll be sorted. altho I think the bike will benefit from a new RS monarch 3 rear shock ;) cheers.joe.
  4. C

Gday folks, with my my carbon GT force frame breaking, i need to look for a replacement, yet was broke, so i sold the frame for a few bones which allowed me to buy this. so far, it rides better the GT, but am yet to tackle a serious climb, something the GT was really good at. so anyways, here...
  5. C

1x10 without a chainguide

might have something to do with the GT suspension set up? 20mm chain growth prolly helps chain tension? not sure? but im not complaining :) cheers.joe.
  6. C

1x10 without a chainguide

haven't read the thread at all, but thought i'd chime in with my current set up. ive dropped a chain once in the 6 months of running it. xt 11-36 cassette. saint short cage rear mech and shifter, renthal ultra lite chainring on decendant cranks. with a straightline bash ring. one...
  7. C

2010+ 35mm BOXXER triple clamps

Hi all, my son had a big stack at toowoomba on the weekend just gone, and its bent his triple clamps, so am in need of a top and bottom triple clamp to suit the 2010+ models 35mm forks, prefer low rise top clamp, but will take others if thats whats around. cheers.joe.
  8. C

Sold

withdrawn from sale.
  9. C

Need a clipless flat pedal that's useful!?

i bought some of these for the missus while she learns the ropes of clips, they clip in and out sooooooo easy, im keen to try some on my DH bike once the DX's die. cheap enough to try out. cant tell you how long they live tho...
  10. C

any professional patio/metal fencing guys here?

thanks guys, ive contacted the BSA, they have suggest i put the relevant paperwork in for a structural licence, based on my current work experience. As for tools, i have most of that stuff urban, the post hole digger is one i dont have yet. my father in law was a fencer back in his time...
  11. C

STOLEN QLD, Gold Coast: 2011 Specialized Enduro Expert

only just saw this now, but i was in cashies ashmore on monday checking this bike out, the dude was prepping it for sale, giving it a clean and checking air pressure in tyres. hope its being given back to the rightful owner cheers.joe.
  12. C

oops! sunny..... Queensland cheers.joe.
  13. C

morning all, Wondering if i can get some advice from those who work in this line of work. Im a qualified sheetmetal worker that does a fair bit of work metal roofing products, im looking to go out on my own, forming my own business errecting patio's, awnings, and metal fencing (colorbond...
  14. C

local trail ive been digging

yeah the track def needs a good clearing, ive been concentrating on making a line that works so havent been too fussed keeping it manicured. it works now, so next time i go up i will give it a proper clear out. track is located on the northern gold coast cheers.joe.
  15. C

ive started building one about half way down, but there is ZERO rocks in the place lol. ive had to resort to taking a load of rocks from the river bed at the bottom, loading the ute up with them, then carting them up the hill. the next section which is at the bottom of the track has some...
  16. C

New drivetrain, moving to Shimano

thanks rubber ducky! :P knew it was hg seventy something or rather.... i'll just stick to calling it an SLX chain ;) cheers.joe.
  17. C

New drivetrain, moving to Shimano

just reporting back with my findings.... my driveline consists of saint m820 shorty rear mech, shifter, and hubs. XT 11-36 rear cassette SLX 10sp chain (HG71??). sram descendant crankset with renthal ultra light 32t single front ring. i installed the little mode changing doo-hicky thing on...
  18. C

got someone to follow me down a trail ive been making. this section which is approx 700m long just needs a tidy up then its finished. on to the next section next week. let me know what you think https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IZDqtkcjhj0 cheers.joe.
  19. C

Frame Repair Thoughts ? (I knew it was to good to be true)

i must suggest NOT taking it to nicom engineering, ive take my racebike (m/c road racing) to him and have had VERY bad results, and ZERO after service with it, to correct the issue. dave kellet (07) 3290 2811 is the man i use for all my motorcycle cracks and bends i tend to accumulate...