Search results

1. Q

NZ South Island trip

Craigieburn, My Hutt on the way down. Wanaka, and Alex are an hour out of Queenstown, so a good day trip while you're here. Dunedin on the way back up to Chch
  2. Q

Queenstown/Whistler - What type of trail/enduro.

I love my stumpy, but I'm sure an enduro would make it through pretty well!
  3. Q

Queenstown/Whistler - What type of trail/enduro.

Some of the best riding in Qt is accessed by trail bikes, with super steep, tech downhill to get home. Can't tell you where on a public forum (gotta keep some stuff for the locals!) but if you're for more than a week, you'll find it. I roll with a Demo and Stumpy Evo, love them both, perfect...
  4. Q

Queenstown summer accom - with a twist (sigh)

Try Creeksyde, Lakeview Holiday Park or Pinewood (they have little family units which would be perfect) Other option could be a small private house, I've used a couple for groups in the past, lets you have your own space. PM me location before you book and I'll let you know how far from town...
  5. Q

2014 Megavalanche

How's the plans coming along? I've just booked tickets to Morzine for most of July, with Mega being very high on the lis of things to do.
  6. Q

Queenstown??

Re: The new Rude Rock link: 14km from the top of Coronet Peak, down Rude Rock, new link into Skippers canyon/Pack Track and on down the pack track. I can shuttle you to the base building of Coronet (thus missing out on the Coro track) making about 8-9kms shuttleable. I'm thinking the...
  7. Q

Best bike to take to Queenstown?

I can do return transport to the Roaring Meg for around $100pp, depending on numbers. No guide going with you, but it's pretty much one way. Allow around 6hrs, including 2.5-3hrs on the bike. Coronet is a great option, we could look at dropping you at the Ski Area base building on the way...
  8. Q

Best bike to take to Queenstown?

I'd reckon 6" is the go. Beef it up a bit by swapping brakes off your DH bike, fat, dual ply tyres. Dropper seat post would be highly recommended, so you can own the return track at skyline! Heaps of trail/DH options over here, so what ever you bring, you'll have a blast with HEAPS of riding...
  9. Q

Queenstown 2013

Awesome! Hit me up with any questions
  10. Q

Queenstown 2013

Usually we do 5 laps of 2 tracks (say 5 Zoot + 5 Wynyard) in 3hrs. I used to do more, but people kept falling off at the end of the session! As for extending, depends on how many in your group, what's happening that day etc. Rough numbers, say $20 for an extra hour Jono
  11. Q

Queenstown 2013

November is awesome, heaps of day light, tracks have all been touched up, not to busy (I should stop telling people this, I'll end up too busy to ride myself!) Hit me up if you have any questions. Jono
  12. Q

Queenstown 2013

That's the one, thanks mate
  13. Q

Queenstown 2013

Here we are folks: http://www.queenstownbiketaxis.co.nz...town-packages/ All fully flexible, so let me know what you like/don't like and we'll tweak it until it's perfect! Together with Pinewood Lodge, QBT is offering 20% off for groups of 4 or more riders during October & November 2013. This...
  14. Q

One week in Queenstown

Here we are folks: http://www.queenstownbiketaxis.co.nz/queenstown-packages/ All fully flexible, so let me know what you like/don't like and we'll tweak it until it's perfect! Together with Pinewood Lodge, QBT is offering 20% off for groups of 4 or more riders during October & November 2013...
  15. Q

Queenstown 2013

Snowing pretty hard out in Queenstown today. I'm currently working on packages for next summer, gondola, shuttles and accommodation included. Also some more trail riding options which will have some awesome trails. Should be ready in the next week. Got some sweet rates for Oct/Nov to kick the...
  16. Q

One week in Queenstown

Snowing pretty hard out in Queenstown today. I'm currently working on packages for next summer, gondola, shuttles and accommodation included. Should be ready in the next week. Got some sweet rates for Oct/Nov to kick the summer off too! Will re post soon! Jono, Queenstown Bike Taxis
  17. Q

Queenstown 2013

Dream Track (not me riding!) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=562921803736360
  18. Q

Queenstown 2013

I'd recommend getting everything done! Make sure your wheels are straight and tight, fork and shock serviced, brakes bled, gears, everything. Bring a couple of sets of spare pads (cheaper off CRC than the bike shops, and they don't add too much weight) Chances are (unless you're unemployed...
  19. Q

Queenstown 2013

Hi all, don't want to spam/sales pitch your thread too much, I'm Jono from Queenstown Bike Taxis. I do DH shuttles, transport, pick ups and package deals with the whole works sorted out for you (except flights!) Hit up Queenstown Bike Taxis if you want more info. Couple of things, Queenstown...
  20. Q

New Zealand south island hot spots to do some xc riding

I don't have a separate website for Clyde Bike Taxis. Clyde's got an awesome DH track, not far from Queenstown. I'm hoping to get out there a bit this summer, including the annual Linger & Die weekend race 8-9 September, only a few weeks to go!