Search results

1. S

Sold

How tall was the female rider? Cheers
  2. S

VIC SOLD: Giant Glory 00

Item: Giant Glory 00 (2010) frame (Med. 17") with various bits, mostly from a 2009 Giant Glory DH1 (see photos). Location: Western Suburbs, Melbourne Item Condition: Good. Wear and tear but all bits working. No structural/mechanical issues. Reason for selling: Moving away from DH. Price and...
  3. S

Bike riders running red lights

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. Perhaps I should further explain to abate all the anger in this thread due to my post. Here is my logic for why running a red light on your bike in SOME situations can be safer. One of those situations could be at night. I will use your example of the...
  4. S

You could say it was accidental. I've been trying to hide the tears of laughter from my co-workers all day...
  5. S

If you feel my logic doesn't make sense, please explain.
  6. S

oh Josh... why you ruin my fun. I was in tears... *angry troll face*
  7. S

I run red lights on my bike. In many cases I think it's safer. Particularly at night. I find it interesting that you spotted mostly fixie hipsters who run reds. Cus I would've thought running red lights was seen as unfashionable. Personally when I do run lights, I have flashy reds on the back...
  8. S

Giant Reign 1

If I did, I know it would've cost at least 1 million dollars.
  9. S

Giant Reign 1

What was the total cost of this build if you don't mind me asking? I'll be building a reign soon and would be interested to know its value. Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
  10. S

[VIC] Red Anodised Flat Pedals for el-cheap AM Build

Item: Red anodised flat pedals for my el-cheapo Reign build. Location: Victoria Price range/Willing to Pay: $10 + postage Extra Info: I can also pickup from around Melbourne after business hours/weekend
  11. S

STOLEN GoPro Camera - Returned!

Haven't seen the alleged footage but if I saw this thread with all the guilty accusations, I wouldn't put my name on it.
  12. S

Too much bike for total noob?

If you are competing/racing... maybe. Just for fun? Weekend warrior? Get dualie. Don't waste your time/money learning "skills" when you're not really going to push yourself to the limit (ie competition). If you decide you want these "skills" down the track, you can always hop back onto a...
  13. S

Too much bike for total noob?

Or look for a high end bike second hand that's barely been used. Depending on the condition, you might not get that absolute fresh out of the box feel but it might just be as good and not as painful if you decide you don't like it anymore. But you also have to consider warranty and all...
  14. S

Mount Buller Feb & March

Also gives you invincibility so you can ride harder and faster and have more fun.
  15. S

How is the weekend shuttle service for the downhill trails at Mount Buller?

I am keen as mustard to know as well...
  16. S

Big Bike = Faster?

Correct. Vertical acceleration close to the earth's surface is always going to be 9.81m/s/s (neglecting air resistance). Given a perfect world with no friction, a bigger bike shouldn't get down a hill faster than a smaller bike. But since you are questioning, the high level reasoning can only...
  17. S

Kona or Ironhorse?!?!

well in my opinion, ironhorse is better because it has more vowels in its name. that and riding an 'iron horse' just sounds more bad ass.
  18. S

Specialized demo weekend at the youies

Any more info on the Giant demo day? Is registration required? Credit/cash deposit required?
  19. S

Trading access FAQ

I am also finding a character limit on the Join Request text box - I can barely fit two sentences in. I see other users have been having this issue as well. Is there a solution to this? Thanks
  20. S

Why you guys start downhilling rather then other form of cycling?

I like the risk. Not just taking risk but managing them. Pushing myself to get the most return (fun,endorphines,adrenaline...) for any given level of risk (injury). It's a game I like playing in all facets of my life. Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk