Search results

1. H

9point8 fall line

Hi, Has anyone out there been able to source a service/rebuild kit for a fall line dropper? either V1 kit or V1 to V2 collar kit. Can get online but seems ridiculously $$$ (~$140AUD) cheers, Tim
  2. H

Crash Pics Thread

Won't be riding...or doing much actually for a while after this crash... A (painful) inconvenience rather than a disaster.
  3. H

Quick dropper post poll

9point8 fall line I've got a 9point8 Fall line 150mm internally routed post, have had it a bit over a year Pros - haven't stripped it down to service yet but it still works fine, apparently this isn't too hard to do - no side to side play at all - seems to work really well - when you...
  4. H

Noob Question: Tubeless and Speed

While I said I'm a believer, I've destroyed several heavy walled tubeless tyres over the years (unfixable sidewall) and have had a some non-sidewall punctures that the sealant couldn't seal - so I don't think the benefit is as clear as some people make out....
  5. H

Noob Question: Tubeless and Speed

The biggest benefit for a gumby like me is reliability day to day in terms of thorns / pinch flats. That said, as far as simplicity and ongoing maintenance goes, running tubeless is more work - you need to set it up (getting easier as tyres/rims are made with tubeless in mind) and it requires...
  6. H

What do you wear?

Having come to the conclusion that crashes happen when you least expect them, I now dress for the crash (full face helmet, knee pads, gloves). I look a bit ridiculous, but breaking the helmet will be easier to live with than breaking my face (again).
  7. H

9point8 fall line review

Hi, I've had the 30.9 150mm version for 4months now and it has been bonza, so I thought I would share my thoughts on it. I/my wifey have a KS lev Ti, Ks Lev Integra, KS dropzone and a gravity dropper between us and I've used/mucked around with/ serviced all of them. While the Lev's work...
  8. H

VIC SOLDMarzocchi 55 Micro Switch TA Forks - 20mm 2014 26"

g'day, wondering if these are still for sale and if the thru axle is included? cheers
  9. H

complete xc/trail bike

Hi, Item: complete bike xc/trail 26/27.5/29 - not too fussed Location: shipped to darwin postcode 0810 Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $1000 Extra Info: Hardtail/dually, not SS, size Large cheers
  10. H

fox floatx2

I picked up a 2nd hand 2105 reign frame with one on it recently - only a handful of rides (and bear in mind I've never owned a dually before) - recommended settings seem to work, don't bottom out, it's plusher than my mates trances with fox OE ctd shocks - while it seems very adjustable, it...
  11. H

helmet dilemma

I have been wearing knee pads for a year or so also on every ride, in the belief that I'm going to crash when I least expect it. This crash was in that basket - pretty simple ~half meter drop on to a graded 4wd track that I ride every time I go there. cheers
  12. H

helmet dilemma

Hi, This isn't really a dilemma for me - (I think) I'm convinced, but I'll put this idea out there for consumption/discussion/heckling. I crashed 6 weeks ago and did a fairly good job of rearranging my face, teeth and one of the bones in my hand (see the crash pics thread for entertaining...
  13. H

Crash Pics Thread

Don't know what happened, but bike abruptly stopped on landing a small drop-off on to a gravel road, used face as brake instead of brakes. 4 smashed teeth, operation for broken hand & mangled face. Learning how to chew with my tongue. No brain injury=great outcome.
  14. H

Running a Gravity dropper with no boot?

Having just had mine apart 20 min ago, the 'seals' are really just plastic bushings, dunno if they would provide an effective dust/mud barrier... Mine had essentially dried out / no grease but apart from that it was essentially clean inside - cleaner than my ks lev is when I service it...
  15. H

kona process 153DL frameset Large

Item: kona process 153DL frameset Large Location: shipped to 0810 Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on condition Extra Info: I realise it's a long shot, but maybe someone has one of these sitting around... cheers Tim
  16. H

wagga wagga for a few days - should I take my bike?

Hi, Heading to wagga wagga next week for a few days for uni residential school. I've searched the forum / google and it seems like there are some trails in town/near town - is it worth taking my bike so I can go for some evening rides? cheers Tim
  17. H

Problem sorted

It might be worth trying Canoesplus in Ivanhoe as well, they used to repair a lot of composite boats/paddles etc.... cheers
  18. H

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Just got confirmation that LB will warranty (i.e send me a new rim for the cost of shipping) my rear rim. Given the circumstances (big impact) they could have decided not to, so I'm happy and would suggest they have better than average customer service.... Undecided if carbon rims are the...
  19. H

WA WTB 20mm Maxle for RS Pike 454

I'd be interested in these sans-maxel for parts http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?294342-Garage-Clean-Up-Fork-Mech-Pedals-etc so if we could work something out with the seller where you got the maxel and I got the fork (to 0810) that might work.... tim
  20. H

Deckas (AliExpress) NW ring review

Hi, Alice decided she wanted a hardtail that was more 'fun' than her Giant Lust, so we set about acquiring the bits. She put it all together (with me supervising / drinking beer) and I think she's pretty happy with the finished product for having more fun on the local trails. Saw that Ali...