Search results

1. R

BB bugger up - press fit and threaded

G'day all, So i bought a Truvativ GXP single chainring crankset for my Reign so i could go 1x10. The bike has a press-fit BB and i bought the crankset knowing full well that it came with a threaded BB. As i wasn't aware that the crank 'axle' was different between press and threaded my...
  2. R

Dampener adjuster issues - FOX 32's Float O/B forks

Gday, I just put new seals in the 150mm Fox Float RL (open bath) forks on my Reign but seem to have buggered something :doh: In the past I havent removed the dampener from the top but rather just filled the chamber with oil from the bottom, this time around however I removed the dampener...
  3. R

Customising my Reign, weight? worth my while? thoughts?

G'day, For the last few months I've been looking around at different bikes with the intention of buying a new bike in the near future. Specifically, i've looked at AM bikes in the $3k-4k range, such as Trek Remedys and lower end Spec. Stumpy FSR's. But the other day it occured to me that...
  4. R

Fox 32's leaking, 6 months old, warranty?

Hi, The seal on my right hand fork leg of my fox 32's is leaking quite badly. The forks came standard on my Giant Reign 2 which i bought just before last christmas. I rang the shop i bought it from this afternoon and they said warranty will only cover manufacturing faults, what are the odds...
  5. R

Sections of XC track used for events?

G'day, Was hoping someone could confirm the route used for XC events at Awaba. Is it correct that the first lap (8km) includes the section close to the main road (leaves from carpark area) but doesn't include the hill climb, and subsequent laps (of 6km length) cut out the first section as...
  6. R

Full face helmets for XC?

Gday, Just after some opinions on racing XC in a full face helmet. Is it ok to wear them at an event? As long as it has the Aus. standards sticker on it im assuming its ok? I was watching at the 1st round at awaba for a short time and didnt see anyone else wearing one. Might seem funny...