Search results

1. R

Flow Rollercoaster by Rocky Trail - NSW ALL Mountain State Series + Championships

Yep im Luke :) On my second run i did a 10.14 which included stopping to fix a derailled chain, first run was when i got the 2nd flat lol. Cheers!
  2. R

Flow Rollercoaster by Rocky Trail - NSW ALL Mountain State Series + Championships

Was a top day, really enjoyed the track despite the wet sections and 2 busted tubes! Thanks to foxpuppet for the first replacement tube halfway down the track too lol.
  3. R

Little Things You Love

Finishing uni and having more time and money to devote to building bikes and riding. Perhaps not a 'little' thing, but anyway.
  4. R

BB bugger up - press fit and threaded

If i end up taking the old BB out, getting the new one in wont be a problem with a workshop press out in the shed. It seems to be getting the old buggers out that'd be more problematic, but anyway. Chris thanks for the advice and link, a handy 'how to'. Cheers, Luke
  5. R

No need to apoligise duckmeister! Thanks again everyone for the help. im thinking plan b is now the go from what you boys have said, as pharmaboy noted its a simpler solution to just change the ring. Considering making a rigid 29er, so it might get the new crankset instead. Cheers Luke
  6. R

Also, is it true that it can be difficult to get a pressfit bb pressed in and aligned correctly? If so i might revert to my plan b and use this crankset on an upcoming build ive been considering. cheers, Luke
  7. R

Thanks for the advice. One thing though, Duckmeister mentioned that all the axles should be the same, and only the BB itself will be different, but 0psi you said that the Truvativ axles is stepped and hence different?? Reading the description of the press fit BB in the link you sent me suggests...
  8. R

G'day all, So i bought a Truvativ GXP single chainring crankset for my Reign so i could go 1x10. The bike has a press-fit BB and i bought the crankset knowing full well that it came with a threaded BB. As i wasn't aware that the crank 'axle' was different between press and threaded my...
  9. R

Reign 1

Yep they are defo great value for money. Ive got 2 years out of my 2011 Reign 2 (which is obviously has lesser quality components) and I'm only now throwing some aftermarket parts at it (except for ditching the Nevagals ages ago). Having looked at the specs list for the 2013 Reign 1, $2500 is a...
  10. R

Dampener adjuster issues - FOX 32's Float O/B forks

Thanks for that link, those instructions are the EXACT ones I need(ed)! I dont know why I couldnt find them when I had a look yesterday. For sure, wont take this long next time! Cheers.
  11. R

Success!! As you suggested I managed to get the blue lockout ring off. Once it was off I could get a small shifter onto the little shaft which the rebound adjuster rotates and managed to free it up. Looking back, when I removed the rebound adjuster retaining screw I mustn't have been holding...
  12. R

Thanks for the quick reply! Pic from before i got the octagon to align and go down into the lockout ring. After ....... So I have lockout back, but the shaft (with thread on ID and flats on OD) which the rebound knob rotates is still locked up solid. The bike is a 2011 Reign, so...
  13. R

Gday, I just put new seals in the 150mm Fox Float RL (open bath) forks on my Reign but seem to have buggered something :doh: In the past I havent removed the dampener from the top but rather just filled the chamber with oil from the bottom, this time around however I removed the dampener...
  14. R

Customising my Reign, weight? worth my while? thoughts?

Thanks for the pic! Looks the goods, I thought it might have looked a bit weird running only a single ring on those arms but it looks alright. And thats exactly what I mean in regards to the mindset :)
  15. R

Michae1: Do you have any pics of this setup? its got me interested! marc.r: Theres definite benefits to 2x as you pointed out but I really want to give 1x a go. Yesterday I rode another one of my favourite tracks and found I could do the whole place with only the middle chainring, whereas I...
  16. R

I could do this, but isnt the design of the chain rings different on a double or triple crankset to allow the chain to derail easier? And this might cause the chain to jump off through rough terrain easier?? Also if I got a double crankset, neither chain rings have an appropriate number of teeth...
  17. R

Trigger - I personally wouldnt cut/modify a frame at all. With the intention of running 1x10, can anyone recommend a good 1x crankset for the XC/AM type riding I do? Most the 1x cranksets i've seen appear, of course, to be designed for heavy-AM/DH type riding. A 34t chainring would be good...
  18. R

Hmmm does anyone know if you can get a cassette with a wider spread than 11-36, without winning the lottery and getting the XX1 cassette? The 10-42 range on the XX1 would be epic though :hail:
  19. R

Thanks BLUMAN for all the info especially in regards to the dropper posts. Its funny you say that about using the seat for feedback cause ive thought the same thing on a few occasions! In regards to trying 1x9/10/11 (instead of 2x... currently 3x9), yesterday I went for a pedal around the...
  20. R

Duckmeister: thanks for that info. I do plan to stick with Shimano, ive heard of and seen many people have trouble with Avids. thats good to hear about converting a shifter to 2speed also. bluman: sounds like you've had some fun modding yours already! good to hear its already down to 12.5kg...