Search results

1. Daneel

Park/Street frames

I'd go 24 for sure.. Having had a 24" NS Suburban for over 5 years now, I've never once wanted the bigger wheels.
  2. Daneel

How much travel do I need?

I have my 6" travel 2011 Giant Reign for sale at the moment for $1400. It'd fit what you're after fairly well; maybe a bit on the plush side, but you've said you're after comfort. I've done a few laps of Ourimbah on it and it's a great fit :) Would definitely be a nice upgrade from a 100mm...
  3. Daneel

NSW 2011 Giant Reign 2 - Medium w/ 34T Widget and stem [sold, pending payment]

Item: 2011 Giant Reign 2, Medium size frame. Includes Widget 34 tooth front sprocket, NS Bikes Quark Pro Matte Black 40mm Stem, ODI Ruffian lockons. Does NOT include NS Pedals (will come without pedals). Originally purchased from Bike Addiction. Link to Website...
  4. Daneel

Bottom Bracket For 2006 Giant Reign???

The '06 reign had a Race Face SRX ISIS bottom bracket, meaning you should be able to trade up to the current edition (http://raceface.com/components/bb/52) and keep your current cranks. If you're looking at replacing those, then it's open slather, you can basically go with whichever...
  5. Daneel

Oxford Falls Photos - Today 31/7

Aww man, looks like a great afternoon. Wish I'd gone to the falls instead of the local bowl. Photos are nice and crisp, I'm sure you had a blast taking them anyway.
  6. Daneel

My Reign X1

I'm on a reign as well, need to give it a good blast. If you're keen for another tag along give me a buzz too :) pm me for my mobile. Cheers boys :)
  7. Daneel

Shredded Rotor Mounts

It's amazing how the first thing you do after you buy a torque wrench is go round to everything with exposed screws and a torque rating and 'fix' it :P And yep, for the uninitiated, 2-4 Nm is about as much torque as a $25 chinese-made no-name cordless electric drill from aldi has. Actually...
  8. Daneel

Fork/Shock Pressure for Giant Reign

Or, you know, check your fork/shock manual for the actual guidelines on how to set your bike up.. The 2011 Giant Dual Suspension guide, which came with my 2011 giant Reign, says the following: Rear shock pressure should be equal to the rider's weight IN POUNDS. So if you're 80kg...
  9. Daneel

All Mountain Tyres

Glad you've found tyres that work for you. As always, it's going to come down to personal preference as to what tyres people use and the use for which they need them.. I use my bike for light downhill so I like the nevegals, for more xc-style riding then yep, something lighter and with less...
  10. Daneel

DQT Test

I passed it first go at the start of the year.. Read the book and learn the rough statistics (nearest 5%-ish) - the test will ask what is the most likely of the following situations, present you with some more complex 'tap to turn or tap to break' and quiz you on a few road rules and things...
  11. Daneel

How do i stop my tyre burping whilst riding?

Swap the stans for a set of light weight tubes and stop worrying about it full stop.. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17343 250g gets you two tubes and peace of mind. Sorted. Plus you probably save some of the weight back in removed sealant.
  12. Daneel

New 4x/Dj Bike Help

Singlespeed seconded by me. Once you go to singlespeed you'll only ever want one gear. Zero running issues... Fantastic. Depending on your budget, maybe check out some of the leaf cycles bikes, or the NS bikes ones (probably perfect for you - ribbed.com.au).
  13. Daneel

All Mountain Tyres

Moto/Steve: Yes, this is the right place to ask :) welcome aboard! I have practically the same bike (the reign 2, not the 1) with the same tires and have to say they perform quite well in all areas you mentioned. The only reason I can see for changing them out for other tyres is if you plan...
  14. Daneel

glory suspension setup

The shock/suspension manual usually has guidelines on how to set the suspension up - there will be a simple formula to set your shock pressure as well as a guide on how much sag you should have, though the general rule is 25% sag front and rear. Your pressures will probably be on the lower side...
  15. Daneel

Shredded Rotor Mounts

What you should do instead is call the hub dead and replace it - buy a second hand one from the for sale area (or a new one from CRC) if you're a bit short on spare change. Do you really want to be trusting your life/health to a few flimsy bolts? I know I wouldn't..
  16. Daneel

Wheel Builder

As an aside, if yourself or anyone else are after street-wheel builds then I'd recommend getting them from rhythm imports (ribbed.com.au). They're done by Ben (trialsguy here on the forums) and even after two years they're still indestructible for me.. Highly recommended if you're after a...
  17. Daneel

We Need You, Now! The Future Of Northern Beaches Mountain Biking Is In Your Hands!

Done. Simple and straightforward, although I also wasn't keen on the 'excitement/risk' bundle. I left it unchecked and manually specified excitement, fun and enjoyment in the 'other' box.
  18. Daneel

All Mountain Tyres

I have a set of the 2.35 nevegals on my '11 Reign: Stick-e front, DTC on the rear, both WITH tubes (don't see the point of tubeless unless you're riding XC), and I have to say, the grip has been amazing at the rear, managed climbs up and over steep wet and/or sandy rock and loose bumf that I...
  19. Daneel

ODI Ruffian Lock-Ons - Grips Only SOLD

SOLD. Already turned up at my door.. Thanks for an easy transaction and quick shipping :)