Search results

1. sich nich

Lowered Manitou Minute topping out

I bought my 08 MRD TPC Minutes a while ago when they were mega cheap from Dirtworks with the intention of lowering them from 130mm down to 80mm for my 4X/DJ bike. Stripped them down straight of the box, worked out where the spacer needed to go on the air spring rod, machined up a nice nylon...
  2. sich nich

MRP G2 bashguard 38t

Item: MRP G2 bashguard for 38t Location: Hunter Valley, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: reasonable/depending on condition Extra Info: If anyone has a G2 guide with a munted boomerang but an OK bashguard. Just need a replacement bashguard for my G2 guide, condition not really important...
  3. sich nich

Racing in the Rain Discussion

Hey yall, On the weekend racing Newtons Nation DH, waking up to the sound of rain had my mind goin flat out thinking about ways to go better at riding in the wet, ie things you can do on top of practise in the rain all the time, ie tricks of the racing trade. I did the obvious things like throw...
  4. sich nich

DHing in France

Bonjour! I am planning to go to France in May/June 2009 with my family for a gathering of some sort. For some of the time we are staying near a town called Cotignac, sort of in the middle southern bit of France, but we will travel around Europe abit as well. Its my first time overseas, and its...
  5. sich nich

Titanium bolts in DH

This question may have been asked a million times before, but i couldn't find it, or the answer. Trying to lose some weight on the DH bike. Wondering about Ti bolts... Where on a DH race bike would you use them, where would you not, and why? I'm keen now because I've found a store on eGay...
  6. sich nich

Travis coil types?

How does one tell if their Travis coil is titanium or steel? And how would they tell what ride weight it is, ie. soft, med, firm, etc? I cant find any labels/markings on mine. Anyone know?
  7. sich nich

500lb Titanium Spring + V10 dropout

Item: 500lb x 2.75" Titanium spring Location: Hunter Valley, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Reasonable Extra Info: To fit 2.75" 6way or DHX, or Vivid even, for my V10. cheers.
  8. sich nich

Hunter Boonah Racing 2010

VIDEOS of RG, Cedar Creek and Bakery on Post #42 of this thread! Check em out!:cool: We up the Valley from Newcastle have hosted alot of visitor riders now, and we are thoroughly enjoying it. We have had some (un)official timed run days (is that a race? check out round 1 here) and they go...
  9. sich nich

V10 mud/shock guard

Item:Swingarm mounted Mud guard for '05 V10 Location:Hunter, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: What its worth:confused: Extra Info: Just bought an 05 V10, hasnt got the shock guard, I would like one! Are they Carbon or just some plastic? Either way, they look sick and stop crud from raping my...
  10. sich nich

Rock resistant rim?

hoy! I built up my new rear wheel this morning and took it up for some good ol' shuttle runs this arvo. This new rim is a silver 32h mavic 721, laced to hoodoo 150 hub via DT straight spokes (because its all i had in my emergency need for new rim;)). EFN BANG! Dinged 5th run down:mad:! 28PSI...
  11. sich nich

TLD Visor to 661 Strike helmet?

I have a 661 Strike helmet (size M) that is doing well. Usual scratches from trees, crashes, dropping, etc. Im a little bit sick of the look, particularly the paint and the visor. Ive borrowed my mates TLD Orbit visor off his Med/Lge TLD Hotwheels to see if it fits, but doesnt reach round to the...
  12. sich nich

Spoke washers?

Im about to build new rims onto my hubs, just waiting on the spokes to turn up. They are new 721s onto an Aireal front and Dice Hoodoo 150x12 rear with AlpineIII spokes, 32h. Anyway, Ive seen you can buy little washers for the spokes. These go on the head of the spoke at the hub flange no? Both...
  13. sich nich

Inaugural Musso DH Results

Hey booners, for those that care we had our first social, semi-organised, invitational, unofficial, small big-time Downhill race on our hill in the Upper Hunter. Biggest turn out weve had so far (11 riders), even if half the dudes coming piked out. This is how it panned out: (Place, Rider, 1st...
  14. sich nich

Differences in V10s

Ok, so a quick search didn't find me much info. Here is my question: Since V10s came out in 03 or 04, what have been the changes to the preceeding model up to an 08 model? I was looking at an 08 frame to buy, and i know the differences there. now looking at an 05. obviously the difference in...
  15. sich nich

Found: please remove

Found what I was looking for! cheers blokes
  16. sich nich

Servicing 888s

Its high time my 04 888RC went for a service. Need it go to the importers for servicing, or is it a fork that can be done at a shop, or even by myself if I obtain parts? If I need to send it to a shop, which would you recommend? Cheers, NICHE
  17. sich nich

Changing race categories

Having raced for the last 6 years, beginning in U17s, I've finally had a good year and come to the pointy end of expert at state level. (Que grilling from Squid and Daver for alledged sandbagging:rolleyes:) I have made the decision to now race in elite at state level and certainly clubbies...
  18. sich nich

shortening Z150s?

hey all, looking at snapping up a set of Z150s off a mate, or Z1 freeride (they are 150mm travel, 20mm axle). itll be going on my hardtail, for mountain cross and dirt jumping. Can they be lowered to around 90 - 110mm via spacer at all? is there a kit available or do i have to machine one up...
  19. sich nich

which 4X frame?

i recently found my liquid mainframe/s headtune about to let go (no suprises). i like this frame, and would like to have it repaired (have emailed Gripsport). but i could also consider replacing it with something else. what i want is a nice light frame that is good for mtx racing and jumping...
  20. sich nich

buying first car... cant decide

*** i know car threads have been done before, but the search i did came up with nothing of interest, just a thead full of pics of animals.. looking for genuine opinions here...*** okay, im on the verge of buying my first car, as the one im driving now is on the way out. its the old man's '82...