Search results

1. M

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Both wrong. FUIC is the best! It isn't too sweet like others. Go farmers union strong.
  2. M

why so scared?

I think it really comes down to your conduct. If you choose to build without permission and accept the possible bad consequences, and then at least do it right. By this I mean building sustainable and least disturbance trails. Keep rubbish and risks to a minimum. A bush reserve I know of is...
  3. M

Newbie S&M collector

Um, I can't associate the headline with anything to do with bikes, because the only S&M I've heard about was Rihanna singing that song... and it wasn't about a cool piece of singletrack. What's S&M in relation to old school bikes?
  4. M

Got Pain? The youtube and google crash video thread

http://www.youtube.com/user/thesickwog#p/a/u/1/IUvaKPKk-nQ The online review said something about the 'hidden log of slipperyness' WTF was that??!
  5. M

Are we getting ripped off??

GST... A valid point, brought to my attention by Gerrie Harvey (of Hardly Normally priced items) He was talking about why his stores are finding it hard to compete with overseas sales. The answer was simply that stores in australia had to collect the 10% GST. There is no customs/GST...
  6. M

Bike Shops

Comments that giant dealers wont ship are true. Giant doesn't let them ship new bikes. You can however 1. send a friend to pay/pick up the bike. Take it out of the shop. Return 2 minutes later for the first service. They could ship it to you then. 2. Depending on the price: A 2010...
  7. M

MotionX users?

You're talking MotionX GPS app for iphone? Importing is easy... You just set it up to email or post to your FB profile.
  8. M

Parcel Force / CRC/ Struggling with Impatience

I've just received an order from CRC. What did you order?
  9. M

worlds brightest flashlight

Regardless of all the 'It's not practical' type comments, It's just one of those things that would be fun to play with. Some nice night photos with it. (Of course I don't have money for one - but it would theoretically be in my wish list of toys I can never afford).
  10. M

Freighting from the US

Often there are postage options in the US that don't translate to over here. An express style postage posted from there will often not arrive here any quicker. But you paid the extra for the express!
  11. M

Chain reaction cycles is GOOD for bike shops

Recently I have been looking for a new bike and visited quite a few bike shops in Canberra and Sydney. I have also visited many an online site, searching for the 'best' price. (I'm a self confessed bargain hunter in that I want the best for my money. I also have some asian friends - which has...
  12. M

First serous bike

Giant is worth a look. From what I can glean it is the end of the season/next years' bikes are coming out in the next few months. Some great deals. Use http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/ to search for a good deal when you have found the bike of your dreams (or bank account). Some heavy...
  13. M

Who uses the fork lockout?

I've got the Fox F100 shocks on my HT. Of course to lock/unlock them you need to reach down to the forks. This can be easy if you are on a road, or something chuck norris might be scared of - depending on terrain. Are there kits to turn it into remote lockout?
  14. M

Crash Pics Thread

This x-ray is pretty cool... You can see the springs and stuff like it is part of the arm. Must have been a bit of a wait till they unbolted the lever from the bike!
  15. M

Transporting Carbon bikes on bike carriers...

(for me) Case closed! Thankyou all for your advice.
  16. M

Because they spent all their money on a carbon bike! Just trying to work out how to transport the thing (taking into account what I already own) if I buy it... Already own the rack in the link I posted above. Anyone tried: http://www.carboncradle.com.au/ Of course it doesn't seem to...
  17. M

I am considering a carbon fibre hardtail for my next bike purchase. Have done a bit of digging around the www to satisfy my questions about it's durability. The general word I hear is not to transport it on the 'hanging' style bike racks...
  18. M

Mt Buller Resort Management is now on Rotorburn

(Please forgive my lack of knowledge). I've never ridden at Mt Buller. Just say I wanted to go for a ride up there - is there a cost to me? (For example if I wanted to ride up mt kosciouso, I would have to pay the park fees. If I wanted to go downhilling, there's a fee plus park entry). How...
  19. M

Trailer ideas please (non-shuttling)

I had a trailer built about two years ago. I asked them to build a base that would mount my bike rack on the front of the trailer over the drawbar. The drawbar was made longer too so I could fit four bikes on it, and open the boot. Rewind: When I bought the other half a bike, I also bought...