Search results

1. J

Plenty Gorge and Parks Vic

The original bridge built across the creek at the base of the steep climb was removed as Parks Vic deemed the height of the bridge posed too big a risk for users (all Park users not just skilled MTBers). The newer Betty Bell trail was put in a as detour to prevent further damage to the area...
  2. J

To get from the South side (Kariboo Grv side) to the North Side you'll have to cross the river at some point!!! If you want to go the long way you can cross the river at Booyan Cres bridge and go up the Plenty River trail. Turn left at the end of the trail and follow the road right around...
  3. J

The Plank! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. J

Best Value 29er Wheel Upgrade in 2014

www.twebikewheels.com.au Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. J

Best Value 29er Wheel Upgrade in 2014

Whenever I get a chance to recommend Greg at TWE, I will. He built me up some Arch EX on my Hopes that have been faultless and true for 2 and a half years. I'm not light or gentle!! The only issue I had was when I pushed the rear derailliuer into the spokes. Sent the wheel to him and it was...
  6. J

Upgrade 29er wheelset - aggresive XC / light trail

Totally agree!! And crash repairs included!!! From another thread; I have to chime in and highly recommend Greg at TWE. He built me up some Arch EX with Hopes nearly a year ago for my A29X and they have been fantastic . I’m not light and they have taken some good hits and beating and...
  7. J

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

I have to chime in and highly recommend Greg at TWE. :thumb: He built me up some Arch EX with Hopes nearly a year ago for my A29X and they have been fantastic . I’m not light and they have taken some good hits and beating and were true until I got a big stick jammed up in the rear last week. I...
  8. J

The main bridge over the creek has now been removed. Be careful if you are coming down the spur track from the north. It's a big gap to clear!
  9. J

Just some information about the current situation at Plenty Gorge. There has been some fantastic trail work done over the last twelve months that have helped link up the older networks of trails on both the north and south side of the river. Two bridges were also built 11 and 4 months ago to...
  10. J

Trance 29er??

At the risk of getting an answer that may make me wince, what actually did you hurt?!?!? Gald your ok!!
  11. J

Vandalism at Smiths Gully

Very well put. Sad really.
  12. J

smiths gully tomorrow?

Tomorrow? no, Sunday? Yes!
  13. J

A couple in here; http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/anthem-x-29er-pics-thread-751251.html
  14. J

Never had a problem with my Thule roof mounted carrier. Freeways, corners, bumps no dramas, no damage to bike. I've been through the Black Spur a few times with it and the bike stayed on! If it can survive that I reckon it can survive nearly anything!
  15. J

Bsc !!

There are plenty of LBS doing well out there despite the retail slowdown and on-line shopping!
  16. J

Melbourne Social Rides

Nice one! How about somewhere, if possible, to respond Yes or No to the ride or is it just a matter of posting a comment. It would be good to know who (if anyone!) is going to show up! Can't make the first but a definate for the second at Smiths Gully (my fav trail!). Simon
  17. J

Melbourne Social Rides

I'm in for sure!
  18. J

7000 series alloy 10mm by 135 rear axle required

Sorry, just saw you were in Melbourne. I got mine from Fitzroy Revolution.
  19. J

7000 series alloy 10mm by 135 rear axle required

I have a FRM Task 10mm QR axle. Email the distrubutor to see where you can get one. allan@carbuta.com.au. DT Swiss do one too, check CRC. Both not cheap though.
  20. J

Smiths Gully Mountain bike riders

Sounds interesting! Ride there often, so count me in! Simon