Search results

1. W

A week off in Vancouver with a bike - what do you do! I have 7 days to decide

So, I've got a work trip to Vancouver with free extra luggage. I asked for a week off while I'm there and they said yes! So, here's what I'm thinking 1. Go to whistler for a week and see what happens (I tend to get bored in parks after a few days) 2. Hire a car and spend a couple of days in...
  2. W

Few days to ride in Europe, where to go?

So I've got a work trip in early August to Estonia (of all paces) and my boss has given me the opportunity to fly home from anywhere in Europe, and take some time off after I've finished the job. So, Im going riding! But I don't know where. I could be googling the wrong words, nothing seems...
  3. W

Micro review: Lindarets Remount

The remount adds a bar diameter spigot at right angles to the bars to allows you to mount dropper post remotes turned sideways, usually for better access. It sorted a problem I had with a Giant dropper post remote (small and awkward) for about $20. Super easy to put together and square away...
  4. W

Mulgoa Nature Reserve

Took a spin through Mulgoa Nature Reserve after work yesterday hoping there might be a trail or two in there... Turns out there's quite a bit of fast flowing single track, but the best I could do to find my way around was to guess by Google Maps. Does anyone out there have a ride map?
  5. W

Where to buy Louis Garneau shoes in Sydney?

Trying to find some Louis Garneau shoes in Sydney to try on, anyone got any leads?
  6. W

Where to get bulk cheap water bottles?

Problems: 1. I lose water bottles like my dog loses hair. 2. I refuse to pay $10 for a branded BOA water bottle with 50c worth of plastic in it that shops give away at races. 3. I have no water bottles left... Where are you getting your water bottles from? I'd love a box of 20 to...
  7. W

Sidewall cuts and tubeless tyres

Im on my second tyre in two rides. Both died from side wall cuts. Granted neither are dedicated UST tyres, Icon and RR. Both are repairable, but I think the Icons will be retired to the same box as the Ralphs. I can't trust them anymore! Anyway, without trying to sound like a bell end, my...
  8. W

Avid Elixir Pad Adjust conundrum

Just picked up my new bike last week and it has come fitted with 2012 Elixir 9s, with the pad contact adjust. I thought, wrongly, that the pad contact adjust would allow you to reduce the amount of free stoke. Instead, it increases it! There is already heaps of lever movement with the...
  9. W

5deg Flat Giant Handlebar

Does anyone have one of those flat giant 5deg handlebars they don't want? I want to try one out for a bit before pulling the trigger on something similar and carbon ish. They can be had new for $44 on eBay, so if you can come in under that we're on!
  10. W

[FOUND] GPS heart rate monitor computer Appin 29 Jan 12

I found a GPS heart rate monitor computer at around 12:30 at Appin, 29 Jan 12. If it's yours send a description via PM and I'll get it back to you! Pete
  11. W

Indoor rock climbing at Villawood, Sydney

Any regular indoor rockclimbers on the west? I'm just starting out - again - and my partner who would normal climb and belay has racked off with work for three months. Any western sydney types interested in climbing at villawood during weekday evenings? I'm looking to go twice a week. I'm...
  12. W

Manly Dam, tomorrow Saturday 7th

Guys I'm going to rip out to Manly tomorrow morning for a run and swim and then go for a spin at Manly Dam afterwards. Does anyone feel like playing tour guide? I can ride anytime between 9am and am, surf time dependent. Motion X has been a really good guide but nothing like riding around...
  13. W

Scenic shared paths, bike paths etc in Sydney/must do path pedals

Guys, my partner is home on leave recovering from a busted ankle. She rides a trance x but isn't allowed any impact so MTBing is def out. The physio has encouraged her roady and ride the trance on bike paths though so I was wondering does anyone have any favorite shared paths? More scenic the...
  14. W

My new custom bike rack

My new ghetto bike rack.
  15. W

Just moved to Sydney keen to hook up!

Hey guys, I've just moved from NE Vic to Sydney (south west) and I'm really keen to hook up on some social rides and get exploring. I'll drive anywhere to ride, provided I'm riding longer than driving! Mostly trail ride, occasional racer. Super D for sure, 3-12hours solo and team etc...
  16. W

Hope Hoops Pro 3 SP XC6

Hey guys I'm considering another set of wheels for a couple of bikes. Hope Hoops Pro 3 SP XC6. These are leading the charge at the moment based on weight and price. My only concern is the spoke count. 24 spokes as opposed to 28/32. I only weigh in at 70kg so am well below the hope weight...
  17. W

DIY QR to 15mm hub conversion

FYI interested parties... So - you have a wheelset you want to convert to 15mm but can't find a 24hole hub with a 15mm axle. I stripped a Cannondale branded DT Hugi hub with QR to get to the bearings and started measuring. A quick visit of the SKF website gave me possible bearing...
  18. W

24 spoke 15mm axle front hub?

Anybody know if a 24 hole 15mm axle front hub exists? I've got one of these http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/ce/model-2FS3S.html which I'm not riding anymore and I'm looking at the wheels thinking they'd look nice on my new trance X2. Mostly cause of the proper UST facility. Which presents...