Search results

1. R

Ahhh g'day ( Rental and trail info needed )

Hire You could try: http://http://www.bikenow.com.au/hire/ Haven't used them for hire but they have a reasonable range of bikes so presumably hire fleet would also be OK
  2. R

Lerderderg State Park

Lerderderg Track Hi, I've got some details on portions of the Lerderderg Track on my website - http://bancoora.com but these are in a number of separate trails under the Blackwood and Lerderderg sections of the site (eg Byers Back Track, Lerderderg Heritage Walk, Blackwood Ranges Track, etc.)...
  3. R

Ballarat to Bendigo...

Goldfields Track Hi as per the reply above I've included some info on the Bancoora site in the Central and North Central menus under Ballarat, Daylesford, Castlemaine and Bendigo entries. I started the bit north of Ballarat but it started to rain so I didn't get really far. The bit I did...
  4. R

Hello

Thanks Knuckles for the reference to my website - I've had to update the domain name to http://www.bancoora.com as they are closing the au.com domain. The old address will get you there for the next six months or so but if anyone is going to bookmark it, use the new domain name and you will get...
  5. R

You Yangs MTB Park

Snakes Nice big black snake (about 1.5 metres I'd guess) sunning itself in middle of Rockwell Run on Friday arvo so keep an eye open. Luckily was heading uphill and it wasn't interested in arguing the toss and headed off...
  6. R

Blackwood VIC

Blackwood Was up there a couple of weekends ago and was pretty good considering the Lerderderg was flowing strongly. Some of the fire trails in the area will be boggy but try Byers Back Track, Sweet Nuggs, Kangaroo Track, Heritage Track, Easter Monday Track, Telstra Track. These should be...
  7. R

The stupid questions thread.

Oil Make up what they call a poultice of detergent - get some powder detergent and mix into a paste or just use a liquid detergent (eg Dynamo) straight onto oil. Cover in a layer of glad wrap or plastic so it doesn't dry out. Leave as long as possible and then wash away. My daughter chucked...
  8. R

Victorian Trails listing

MTB Website If you want to add to / correct anything on the Bancoora website, my email address is on the home page http://www.bancoora.au.com/. As per the comments above, I filter the contributions based on the management plans for the areas in question. Any contributions will be acknowledged...
  9. R

VIC Lysterfield Park

Should be open There's a 24 hour car park at the Horswood Road entrance and a number of other entry points even if the road gates aren't open so you shouldn't have any dramas.
  10. R

You Yangs Regional Park Mountain Bike Trail Closures

Good call guys Yep, good call by the ranger and Trav. Got my support for looking after the trails.:clap2: I know from attending one of the recent working bees how much goes into fixing even short sections of trail so motoGuy lets not stuff up large sections of the park. Hopefully all the recent...
  11. R

VIC Lysterfield Park

Games circuit Thanks NS Capital Man - I'll go and have a crack at Follow Me. Re the CW Games Circuit, I think its like Danncam says, give it a chance to bed in a bit and see how it flows then. The surface is loose at the moment with the rain not helping. Given a month or two it will settle...
  12. R

Bacchus Marsh to Blackwood

Blackwood Rockkrawler. No problems - glad it's of help. It's a great area to ride around. I think a lot of people look a bit too hard for the elusive single trail at times when theres some great fire trails to be ridden. The stuff up round Blackwood has the double benefit of being cut up a bit...
  13. R

VIC Lysterfield Park

Video I've put some footage up on the Bancoora website here if anyone wants to have a look at the new works World Trails have done. Sorry about the video in the latter half, I think the camera got knocked on the mount but you'll get the idea of what it's like. I'll tidy it up next time I'm...
  14. R

Lerderderg Thanks for the comments Hud. The GDT is partly open to bikes. If you have a look at their website the Goldfields (GDT) trail is largely open to MTB between Ballarat and Bendigo. They are working towards making it all open to MTBs with diversions / dual tracks where required and...
  15. R

Lerderderg Park Hi Hud. If you want to do the Bacchus Marsh to Blackwood ride, it's a good climb but well worth the effort with some great views into the gorge coming up from Swans Road and you can get into Mt Blackwood now where the comms towers are for some brilliant views as well. I have...
  16. R

Lysterfield rebuild by the World Trail Crew?

Lysterfield trails all reopened (??) Lysterfield MTB Club is indicating all trails opened today (28th October) Refer http://lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/index.php/topic,184.0.html Can anyone confirm this (as the Parks Vic site says nothing)?
  17. R

Comprehensive Vic Trail maps.

Goldfields Track Another one worth mentioning that I currently only have a link to on the Bancoora site is the Goldfields Track. Haven't ridden it yet but meant to be good and you can pick any portion of the 260k's of track to do. If you're interested in doing it, there are good maps available...
  18. R

You Yangs MTB Park

Quarry Pit Track My understanding from talking to the ranger was that the realignment is permanent and all of the old section will remain closed. If you look at the new map, it shows all of the new realignments including the alignment that Rockwell Run will take in the future. The old section...
  19. R

Is it too hard to say "hello"

Not all bad news... Took the young fella (9 years old) out for his first run around Kurrajong at Yowies a few weeks back. He's on a 20 incher and obviously not at the peak of trail etiquette yet:biggrin:. We did about 6 ks and he was absolutely blown away at the end of it - not because of the...
  20. R

www.victrails.netfirms.com - No longer live

Bancoora Thanks retroenduro. If anyone wants to provide ideas for the website, links or details of trails to ride, you can drop me a line on the website. The website is there for the MTB community to use and provide information into. I set it up when I got into MTB'ing as there was a...