1. RowanT

Sold ETHIRTEEN TRS RACE CARBON TRAIL 29" WHEELSET

Keen. Will PM in a moment.
  2. RowanT

TAS SOLD

Keen to grab this kit. Will PM you.
  3. RowanT

TAS SOLD

Item: Pole Evolink 140 v1.2 size large (510 mm reach) frame with CCDB IL coil shock Location: Hobart, Tasmania Item Condition: Very good condition. Protected with 3m tape since new; only wear is some minor cable rub around the bottom bracket (can provide pics) Fresh main pivot and lower...
  4. RowanT

NSW SOLD

PM'd
  5. RowanT

Sold

Item: 2006 Kona Explosif frame, Emerald green Location: Hobart, Tas. Item Condition: Very good used condition. Some paint scratches but no dings or dents. Reason for selling: too many bikes and I'm heading overseas soon. Price and price conditions: $300ono. Happy to post interstate at...
  6. RowanT

NSW Sold

What size is the frame?
  7. RowanT

1x9 setup

How tall are you? If you're over 6 foot, I'd seriously consider a 29er. I'm 6'3" and ride a Vassago Jabberwocky. It handles like a dream, and the big wheels roll sooooo fast and smooth over everything. I had a Bontrager Switchblade X-lite carbon fork on it for a while, but I changed over to an...
  8. RowanT

1x9 setup

n-gear jump stop I've had good success running 1x9 using an n-gear jump stop to prevent chain drop (http://www.gvtc.com/~ngear/). They're a super simple little device, and cost bugger all. They weigh a lot less than tensioners/guides, too. I'm not sure if you can get them in Aus, but you could...
  9. RowanT

New Cross Country Tyres for NRS 2

Maxxis MiMos might be worth a look. I've found that they perform well in a range of conditions, including loose/wet, but still roll really fast on hard stuff. I had Continental Vapour ProTections on my NRS 1, and they were also bloody good. They performed really well and predictably in a wide...
  10. RowanT

xc wheelset AGAIN

I reckon DT onyx hubs are well worth thinking about as an alternative to the Hopes. I've found them to be super reliable, and they're very good value for such well made hubs. They cost a fair bit more than XT, but they're fully sealed cartridge bearing hubs (like the hopes) as opposed to the...
  11. RowanT

A vid

Nice vid, man. The jumps were sick, and the trails look sweet!
  12. RowanT

Dual Suspension for XC/trail

The 2005 Dawg could well suit your needs. It'll pedal well (pro-pedal rear), and if you like the feel of your Hoss, it's probably not a bad idea to stick with Kona. Also, the dawg would be plenty tough for a bigger fella. If you're after something lighter and more nimble - I weigh 90kg and...
  13. RowanT

05 bikes??

I work in a LBS down in Tassie. We've been stocking the low end Giant 2005 range for a couple of months now, and they just released the catalogue for the high end bikes. Kona also recently released their 2005 catalogue. So pretty much expect to see 2005 bike ranges in shops any time from now on.
  14. RowanT

04 TLD Gloves Roundup

Yeah, they're nice gloves. Only bad thing I've noticed is that there's big chunks of rubber in the middle of the snot-rag bit on the back of the thumb (on the XC gloves). Makes it hard to wipe the snoz on chilly mornings...
  15. RowanT

Tubeless Tires - What ya reckon

no-tubes rock Go for no-tubes mate, they're bloody awesome. Increased traction, a smoother ride, and pinch flats are a thing of the past (although you can still tear sidewalls - I've done this 3 times since getting no-tubes). I've been running no-tubes on my freeride bike for about 10 months...