Search results

1. phils1967

The Fixie Thread

Brown Jersey Cycles Hi guys. Does anyone have any experience with this shop? They do appear to have some nice looking (to me, anyway) bikes on their website... Thanks.
  2. phils1967

RIP Andy Irons

Boo bloody hoo Bad things happen to good people all the time. This is no better, nor worse. Get a grip.
  3. phils1967

15mm XC hub + XTR Shifter/R. Dearailleur/Chain

Light XC forks Hello I have a pair of 80mm SID SL's...a little older than '06, but perfect working order. V and I.S. mounts, 195mm steerer, $150 plus P&P.
  4. phils1967

long 27.2 seat post

My sent P.M.'s to you (x2) not showing up...:confused:
  5. phils1967

XTR rear caliper

If your caliper is an M975-R, then it looks like the available adaptors will suit only 140mm-180mm/140mm-203mm conversions. http://bike.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BR/EV-BR-M975-R-2614_v1_m56577569830609101.pdf
  6. phils1967

long 27.2 seat post

Hello. I have a ControlTech Team Issue 27.2 x 400mm in silver if you're still looking? $30 plus postage. Cheers mate. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19622
  7. phils1967

DIY Assembly Stand

That's a nice bit of kit right there mate, good job. How will you tweak your gears and brakes once your wheels turn up though?
  8. phils1967

Am I being scammed on ebay?

feeBay AND Rapepal eh? You're a funny man.
  9. phils1967

Little Things You Hate

Oh, and having to relinquish my Co2 powered 0.177" caliber friends...Beretta 92FS and Wather P88, meet little f**kwits that like to tag my neighbour's wall.
  10. phils1967

Little Things You Hate

Hungry Jacks dumbing down the nation further.."avocado, bacon and...aioli? oh, garlic mayo, mmm" Thanks for the definition of the finer things in life, Burger King.
  11. phils1967

April Fools!

This one sucked me right in! http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/500g-barrier-shattered-by-groundbreaking-new-frame-25600
  12. phils1967

Ultimate road machine.....

So light it hovers! Looks pretty sweet though.
  13. phils1967

Little Things You Hate

The pair of tools that 'anchored' One HD's coverage of the IPL last night. Endless cliches repeated ad nauseum from a bloke with a bad dye job and eyes too close together...and wobbly head man from a recent home builder's ad campaign...bloody clueless the pair of them. Was almost a relief...
  14. phils1967

Bring On Winter.

Amen to that. Peaked at 39 degrees today here in Perth, 10 degrees above average. That said, it's gotta be better than the carnage across Europe at the mo.
  15. phils1967

road bike vs mtb bike

All I've found is the same average time, just an increase/decrease in the effort. If you commute the same ride over and over alone, you'll unwittingly find your own pace then stick to it...I mix a Giant flat bar roadie, Santa Cruz dual and a pretty, all carbon Battaglin on the same route with...
  16. phils1967

Tyre Pressure

My Panaracer Extremes are rated at 100-150 psi...so foolishly I pumped them both up to 150. 2 minutes later was an odd creaking sound followed by a massive bang that scared the crap out of me! The bead of the front tyre had blown off the rim and the tube was in shreds, quickly jumped on the rear...
  17. phils1967

$ value

Easy boys! Cant we just vent some spleen on the pseudo charitable/catamaran vending twat who started this shit in the first place?
  18. phils1967

Lost cat, Reward given (bike). Brisbane

Not funny b_S. Show a bit of tact eh?
  19. phils1967

Little Things You Hate

Being that lonely over the holidays I've read this entire thread over the last two days. I'd like to go back to work now please.