Search results

1. fergo

VIC SOLD - Ritchey P-29 Hard Tail

ITEM: SOLD - RITCHEY P-29er Hard Tail Location: Metro Melb, VIC Item Specs: Frame - Chromoly triple butted P-29er RITCHEY (MEDIUM 5’7” to 6’1”) with sliding dropouts Size - Medium Suspension Fork - CTD 2014 FOX 29er 100mm Travel Brake Set - Magura Marta SL – Carbon Lever Drive...
  2. fergo

Rapid Ascent Kona Otway Odyssey 2014

RA have announced the new date for the Otway Odyssey is 27th April (ANZAC Day weekend) 2014 http://www.rapidascent.com.au/KonaOdyssey/NewsInDetail.aspx?e=1&id=1552 Saves having a day of annual leave on the Friday this time! 100km OO here I come!
  3. fergo

Garmin 24hr 4 man team member needed

Anyone still looking for a team and want to avoid an entry fee? My 4 man team is now one man short and needs an extra rider. Benefits include free entry and a gourmet dinner spread for sat night. Willing to accept anyone who can ride 17km of rocky off camber switchback hills a few times. We're...
  4. fergo

Chamois Cream - thick or thin

So I'm doing a lot more longer rides on both the mtb and road and started using chamois cream. I apply it to the chamois pre ride and then put the knicks on. The question is, how much do I use? Do I smear it onto the chamois or cake it on? Do I spread it like vegemite or Peanut Butter/jam on...
  5. fergo

Older road Crankset with 130 BCD - FOUND

Item: A secondhand/new road crankset with 130 BCD. Preferably 52/40 chainrings and square taper BB spindle Location: Hillside, Victoria (Near the Calder Park Thunderdome) Price range/Willing to Pay: $20 - $50 depending on condition Extra Info: Would like to upgrade my late 80's Repco road...
  6. fergo

duplicate post - delete please

Item: 27 x 1 1/4 inch alloy rear threaded cluster wheel Location: Hillside, Victoria (Near the Calder Park Thunderdome) Price range/Willing to Pay: $20 - $50 depending on condition and trueness Extra Info: Would like to upgrade my late 80's Repco road bike with lighter wheel s and still...
  7. fergo

27" Alloy rear wheel with a threaded freehub - FOUND

Item: 27 inch alloy rear wheel for use with threated cluster (old vintage road bike) Location: Hillside, Victoria (Near Calder Park Thunderdome) Price range/Willing to Pay: $20 -$50 depending on quality and trueness Extra Info: I need a replacement wheel for my commuter road bike and the...
  8. fergo

Nutrition advice for TEAM endurance events

I've read a bit on here about nutrition for solo 100km and timed events eg 24hrs etc, but I haven't found anything regarding team endurance events. I've done 3 50km OO and the BMC 50 in Vic and have nutrition plans for the whole ride, but never had the opprotunity to restock after each lap...
  9. fergo

Wombat track status

While a lot of this forum readers will be attending the Dirt Works 100km Victoria race later this year, here is a current trail report for the Wombat track, If your thinking of riding around Woodend, I would give a miss for a week or two - VERY WET! Over 20mm of rain overnight and today with...
  10. fergo

Fatigue and riding

Our work is very proactive when it comes to safety and with October being work safe month (in Vic), we organised for different groups to come and talk to us. The interesting one was the police. They talked about the usual drinking and driving and speed and also fatigue. They said that uni...
  11. fergo

Gary Fisher Fat Possum - Sold

Item: Gary Fisher Fat Possum XT frame ZR9000 aluminium completely built from scratch Location: Hillside, Melbourne, Vic Item Condition: Used, but great condition Reason for selling: Bought a 5" travel bike so this has to go. Price and price conditions: $1800, $1600 $1100 No lower Extra...