Search results

1. R

Ritchey p-650b

I have one... Mine is a bit different to the picture above now... currently running a 1x10 drive train. Builds up into a pretty light weight hard tail... very agile as well. Cheers Muz
  2. R

New Car Options?

If you go to a Subaru dealer, you'll be bent over the bonnet and financially violated. I have a local mechanic who knows his stuff... I found him because I noticed a WRX the same as mine parked out the front of his workshop all the time (turns out, it belongs to his wife). Average service cost...
  3. R

New Car Options?

I have a 2011 WRX (Premium). A fantastic car that has even won the wife over... she drives it more than I do (I get the dirty old ute to drive). Have had no issues with it in 3 years of ownership, and damn good fun to drive. Beware that only the hatch can be fitted with a tow bar (to fit a rear...
  4. R

Advice needed - Non delivery of Rotorburn purchased goods.

I recently purchased an item from a long term Rotorburner on the For Sale forums. I paid for the item about 18 days ago and was assured it'd be sent express post. I contacted the seller 10 days ago, they apologized, admitted fault and assured they'd send it right away express post. But I still...
  5. R

NSW $600 dualie for n00b

I've seen the same one. It's been for sale for quite a while... I reckon you'll get it for $600-$650.
  6. R

Travel case

Well I travelled with a Cannondale Trigger 29er 1 (Large, 130mm travel) using an Evoc bag. Everything fitted in quite well, tyres partially inflated and all. Cheers Murray
  7. R

E13 TRS+ Wheelset Experiences

depends where you buy them Just be careful who you buy them through. I tried to do the right thing and buy them through the Australian importer/supplier... and got nothing but disappointment and trouble. Everywhere in the world they come with the tubeless kit and extra axle adapters... but not...
  8. R

Find me a bike with flows and pikes

Yes they are. I have a Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL "Rally Edition" that came with Kashima everything. The bike is great... but then, on a gamble, I fitted a set of 150mm RockShox Pike forks. It's night and day... small bump compliance and grip is on another planet, so much more comfortable...
  9. R

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Mine arrived today 22/05/2014... ordered on 23/04/2014... 650b Wide rim UD Matt. Rims look very wide, are very light, and appear to be free of defects.
  10. R

Moto GP.

Yeh... I think Ch 10/One are only showing highlights of Moto 2 and 3 after each MotoGP race. I subscribe annually to motogp.com and watch the races (+practice +warm up +qualifying for all 3 classes) in HD streamed to my computer. It's approx $150 a year, but worth it if you're a frustrated...
  11. R

Moto GP.

Miller victorious again. Screw the MotoGP procession... did anyone else catch the Moto3 race last night? Jack Miller (Qlder) on a bike visibly slower in the straights to the Hondas all around him, used tenacity and sublime braking and passing skills to snatch a win. Even the commentators...
  12. R

Mel WTB HIGH PRESSURE SHOCK PUMP

http://rlcsport.com.au/site/products-page/acessories/cannondale-shock-suspension-pump-600-psi/ Aiden will look after you.
  13. R

Rocky Mountain altitude

That demo is now for sale too. BikeRiders let me demo it for a weekend... had no intention of buying a new bike yet. Dropped it back on the Sunday... ordered my new one then and there. Damn that demo.
  14. R

Rocky Mountain altitude

I have the Rally Edition 770 MSL. I'm amazed how well a 160/150 mm travel bike can climb. I've changed out a lot of the parts on mine. The part spec was good, just not what I wanted and how I like to ride. Changed drivetrain to XX1, Swapped 50 mm stem for 70 mm one - will probably settle on a...
  15. R

Is that one rim or one set of 2 rims, you'd be happy to sell? I'd be interested.
  16. R

Any wheel builder can build them up... no special parts required. In fact I found them easier to build up than any alloy rims I'd used in the past. Cheers Murray
  17. R

eBikes - what's the current perspective

If I had the money... I'd buy one. I like the Cube Hybrid one... uses the Bosch pedal assist motor... no throttle. I certainly couldn't see it as my only bike... but as a fun way of getting in more downhill runs after work... hell yeh!
  18. R

School me on Kindle's and the like

Kindle is brilliant. If you have 2 (or more) kids, Kindles are great. You can link multiple kindles to the one Amazon account... which means that when you purchase a book, it shows up on all of your registered Kindles. Pay for one... get multiple copies. This may not seem too exciting for...
  19. R

Moto GP.

motogp.com ... about $150 for the year... streamed in high def. Really hard to get interested this year with all the early races being in time zones not very friendly to our viewing hours. Looking forward to the European rounds when I can kick back on a Sunday night and watch all 3 races. Go...
  20. R

SloPro and cable cam test.

Looks great! So what settings did you come up with? Cheers Muz