Search results

1. S

Garmin Edge 500 Help

Menu > Settings > Bike Settings > Data Fields > Page 1 Choose number of fields per page (e.g. 4). Select to show "Heart Rate" and "Cadence" fields (along with any other data you want displayed).
  2. S

XTR M980 Cassette Compatibility with SRAM

Okay, thanks for all the responses. I have just bought an XTR M980 Cassette + XTR HGX Chain. I will let everyone know how it goes once I get a few miles on it...... Cheers, Dave.
  3. S

Thanks Mitta. Is that the "HG94" chain?
  4. S

That's great, but your situation is completely different. You're running a shimano crank cassette and chain. If you were running a SRAM crank your advice would be helpful. Anyone have any experience with a total SRAM 10sp drivetrain with an XTR cassette (and chain)?
  5. S

Hi Brasco, Thanks for the reply. Is your experience relating to 10 speed stuff?
  6. S

Hi, Just wanting some advice on compatibility between 10sp Shimano & SRAM gear. I am currently running a "SRAM XG1080 11-36" cassette which I have bent the crap out of twice now due to the soft alloy 36t sprocket. This cassette is now going in the bin. I am looking at an alternative high-end...
  7. S

Post your 29er!

Just a word of advice, If you ever get an Easton Wheelset with a QR Rear, turf the Easton Skewer IMMEDIATELY! Their hubs rely on the clamping force from the QR to hold the endcaps on. The Easton skewers are $2 pieces of crap that come loose while rinding. If you use a proper Shimano or even...
  8. S

Post your 29er!

I'm just a shade under 6"4'. Maybe could have gone with an XXL but didn't have an opportunity to test one out and the XL felt good straight away. Santa Cruz sizing chart overlaps at 6" 4' for XL & XXL. I figured being just under that height, the XL would be best fit and besides I have never...
  9. S

Post your 29er!

Thanks Hugor. The saddle to bar drop is actually only 2 inches. Spacers and Riser bar helps here....
  10. S

Post your 29er!

Santa Cruz Tallboy Frame: Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon 2011 - Size XL (VPP 100mm Travel) Shock: 2011 Fox RP23 Boost Valve Headset: Chris King Inset - 1.5 Tapered Fork: 2011 Fox 32 Talas 29 (120mm/95mm) - 15QR Tapered Shifters: SRAM X0 10sp (2x10) Triggers Brakes: Shimano XTR M988 Trail...
  11. S

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

@danton45 The Comm Games Track (Track 10) will be a good test to see if the niners are for you. There's a couple of tight switchbacks heading up to the rock garden at the start, followed by a really tight left hander in the rocks where the track actually goes back on itself. If you can clear...
  12. S

Post your 29er!

Umm. No. Just contributing an opinion. This is a public forum? No? Wanna go for a ride?
  13. S

Post your 29er!

I think your penchant for short stems (90mm) is part of your problem.... Generally speaking, a 90mm stem is not "normal" length for an XL bike whether 26 or 29inch in the XC/Trail format. I'm not as tall as you, (6.4) and run a 120mm stem on my XC 29er dually. I would be in real trouble...
  14. S

Help with a new 29er to be an 'all round" MTB

Whatever you buy, always buy new. Warranty is piece of mind. Especially when you're spending the best part of $4K!
  15. S

Compromise(d) @danton45 The advantages that 29ers offer are generally better exploited by taller folk. The larger wheels just don't translate well to smaller frames and their riders. The smaller the rider, the negative traits that 29ers inherently have are only amplified. This is one of...
  16. S

If I may ask, What makes you want a 29er as opposed to a 26er?
  17. S

Looking for a trail bike

Are Specialized Bikes 'too common'? Specialized Epic 29 - 100mm Specialized Camber 29 - 110mm Specialized Stumpjumper 29 - 130mm All can be had for around $4k with entry carbon options around this price as well. I don't own a Specialized, but all the reviews are good and they meet your...
  18. S

[SOLD] Rock Shox Reba Race Dual Air ('08)

Yep, replied to your PM.
  19. S

29er Tyre Thread

Counter-Counter point For me, I don't see the value in worrying about hitting the rim on the ground. I would just run more pressure (pretty much opposite to what you say). Having said that, I am heavier than you and could never get away with running such a low pressure. For me, that's...
  20. S

29er Tyre Thread

RE: Race Kings Like Knopey says, 34-38 psi is good for Race Kings. Conti have always quoted higher minimum recommended pressures than other manufacturers (50psi vs 35psi for Maxxis etc.). Run them at the higher pressure (>33psi) and they'll stay on the rim, roll like a dream and be fast as...