Search results

1. J

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Here is my contribution. Bit of a project i have been tinkering away on. Cannondale Super v800, with a Hurrycat Vorace fork, and some other random bits to make it work. It is at a ridable state, and now I can move on to making it better.
  2. J

Home Brew

I have found that pushing the temp early on gives the most character when the yeast is in a growth phase, weather pushing it at any stage gives you the spice or the banana or even pear notes in the belgians, is something that has to be experiemented with on a yeas by yeast basis. the duvel...
  3. J

Home Brew

What direction do you want to go. you want an IPA with a belgian yeast, or a hoppy belgian pale ale I have a recipe for the latter 90% Pils 7% Cara 60 3% buscuit malt 90 min boil 30IBU of hallertau at 60 mins 4IBU of hallertau at 5 mins My preferred belgian yeast is WY3522 (LaChouffe strain)
  4. J

Home Brew

That is done, the burping is just C02 coming out of solution in the beer due to the increased temp because the days are getting warmer.
  5. J

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Fucksocks. I can't believe missed the brux when I was at warners last week. Some nice pickups there
  6. J

Sabcos are pretty rare beasts. Awesome rig. Are you on AHB
  7. J

I went to Warner's yesterday. Pretty much just focused on the aussie micros this time, and walked away very cheaply at $40 for 8 beers. Also got lunch at the Albion and that place is amazing. The bridge roads / nogne 0 collaboration beer on handpump was the standout
  8. J

JetBlack 24 Hour Sydney 2012

well i have woken up to a night of solid rain on the central coast. anyone camp there last night have any idea of how much rain you have gotten or track conditions. looks like the b track will be getting alot of use.
  9. J

JetBlack 24 Hour Sydney 2012

Signed up in a team of three... Can't wait.
  10. J

Home Brew

those labels look top notch. i have just finished brewing a black IPA tonight. good luck with the beer comp. I know a few blokes have entered, so it looks to be a popular event
  11. J

Home Brew

My tip is. Don't do it. I love chilli and I love beer. But never at the same time. If you must, here is the all grain recipe I use for a chocolate stout. 5kg Pale Malt 340g Crystal 80L 300g Black Patent 200g Chocolate Malt Mash at 67 degrees 17IBU's of Fuggles @ 60 mins 8 IBU'S of...
  12. J

Katandra

The link is dead for me too. Race around katandra? Sounds questionable. There is a reasonable fire trail from Rumblara to Katandra. But as far as I can remember Katandra is only walking trail and some horse trail. Maybe the date is pulling your leg.... Who knows
  13. J

Murrays are always on the ball in getting replacement stock to you if there is an issue. Don't hold me to it, but I believe their Whale ale and Angry Man is contract brewed. That could be the source of the high carbonation, and other issues. Everything from the brewery tanks is awesome.
  14. J

Warners at the Bay and Platnium Cellars also have Hitachino Nest. I am pretty sure Cutty Cellars have them as well. Depends on your location
  15. J

Murrays AA1 has been one of the best beers I have ever had. Best tasting of the #1 I had was in 2009. Mine started going downhill after that. Clearly if you have them well cellared, then it is a different story.
  16. J

Not sure if I have responded yet but my top few are Cantillion Gueuze 100% Lambic Bio Nogne-0 batch #100 Stone Ruination IPA Unibroue Maudite Murrays Anniversary Ales Never had a bad beer from any of the above breweries. Sourcing and trying weird and wild craft beer is my biggest...
  17. J

Home Brew

Yeah, I am doing All Grain. Have not done a batch in a few months, but now the stocks are low, Ill be doing some more again I love it. Fun Hobby.
  18. J

2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

Damn, Can't make the reschedule (Sisters wedding) I am aware of the T's&C's that I accepted, but due to the very short timeframe given for this second reschedule, would you consider rolling entry fees into a credit for a 2012 Chocolate Foot race? Cant hurt to ask. Josh
  19. J

wollombi wild ride

I took 8 minutes off last years time which was good. However it seemed that most of the field made a similar improvement. Great day, Ill be back next year.
  20. J

Wollombi Wild Ride 3-9-11

I am in for the 30k. Just hoping to better my time from last year. anything better than that is a bonus.