Search results

1. samsty

Shock Measurement on a 2008 Kona Stab Deluxe?

The thread title pretty much sums this up... Does anyone know the measurements of the stock konas? Thanks in advance.
  2. samsty

VDHS - Round 2 - Barjarg, Victoria. November 13/14

After having a break from the series last season, one of the most popular tracks in the country is coming back to the Victorian DH Series (VDHS). This adds to the already impressive line up of tracks in the VDHS and brings with it the unique style of rock features and unique terrain that can...
  3. samsty

Slay The Rail Jam - Revolver - 28th July

Hey guys, I know its not DH. But, does involve beer so pretty much the same target market as DH'ers... Check this out. Looks set to be a pretty sick event! If you are in Melbourne try and make it down there. http://www.diversitybmx.net/2010/07/slay-rail-jam.html
  4. samsty

Slay The Rail Jam - Revolver - 28th July

Hey guys, Check this out. Looks set to be a pretty sick event! If you are in Melbourne try and make it down there. http://www.diversitybmx.net/2010/07/slay-rail-jam.html
  5. samsty

Helmet cams of the future??

Just found this and it looks like it would be pretty good for DH. http://www.cnet.com.au/snow-camera-goggle-snaps-your-skiing-exploits-339300257.htm Nice and simple, no gaffa tape required...
  6. samsty

Barjarg Ride Weekend - Dec 12/13th

This event is now booked out... Due to popular demand we are opening up the Barjarg tracks for a ride weekend on the weekend of December 12/13th. The flow track has a completely redesigned lower part of the track with jumps and berms that are great fun to ride. The race track will still...
  7. samsty

BARJARG, Vic. -- RESULTS and RACE REPORT

Race Report: By: Steven Mathews Four weeks after Long Gully was blown into a dusty, fiery pit of doom, the traveling circus that is the Victorian State Series rocked up at the little town of Barjarg. And by little town, I mean Barjarg is a general store on the side of a highway for no...
  8. samsty

BARJARG - Round 2... The Official Thread

I know that it is late notice.. But I have just updated www.smbp.com.au with the details on Round 2 of the Victorian State DH series that will be at Barjarg this weekend! The track is all set to go and has a completely new section that has been added to freshen it up a little. If you have...
  9. samsty

Barjarg Ride Weekend (VIC) - Oct 4-5th

UPDATE: THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED OUT This event will have very limited entries and will be a pre-entry only event. This is going to be your only chance to get to ride the tracks before the state round at Barjarg in November. Tracks: For this event there will be two full tracks open to...
  10. samsty

Barjarg - Working Bee. Sept 6/7th (VIC)

With all of this rain that we have had lately it is the perfect trail building weather. Due to this we have decided to put out a call for help to all of those that are keen to lend a hand with some trail maintenance @ Barjarg over the weekend of the 6th/7th of September. A few months back we...
  11. samsty

Marz 888 RCV question.

I have a silly question. I have a set of 08 888rcv and was wondering about the ajuster knobs. I assume that the red knob should be the rebound ajustment and the compression should be the black knob. Can anyone confirm this? ps. I know how stupid this question sounds but there is a reason that...
  12. samsty

Barjarg's brand new track!

Over the weekend we had a build weekend at Barjarg. The aim was to build a completely new track from scratch. Big task but we thought that we should aim high. For those that have been to Barjarg this new track runs down the opposite side of the mountain from where the current tracks are. It is...
  13. samsty

Barjarg - Build weekend 10th-11th May

Now that we have had a little bit of rain it is perfect trail building weather. Due to this we have decided to put out a call for help to all of those that are keen to lend a hand with some trail building @ Barjarg over the weekend of the 10th/11th of May. After a very successful build weekend...
  14. samsty

Barjarg Working Bee - Victoria - April 19/20th

Just letting everyone know that there is a working bee on the 19/20th of April at Barjarg in Victoria. There is more info in this thread.
  15. samsty

Barjarg - Build weekend 19th-20th April

It's been a little quiet at Barjarg over summer due to all of the stinking hot weather and a race every second weekend. But now we are coming into perfect trail building weather. Due to this we have decided to put out a call for help to all of those that are keen to lend a hand with some trail...
  16. samsty

State Champs - Mt. Buller - Raceday - With link to more..

I took about 200 pics over the weekend. I will get them all up once my computer starts to play nice and start working properly. DON'T ask me if I have any of number Blah blah because I will put all the pics up soon. The rest of the pics are at http://www.smbp.com.au/buller/index.html
  17. samsty

Victorian 4X

Samaria Mountain Bike Promotions are happy to put forward some information received from the Park Orchards BMX Club in relation to them holding a Mountain Bike Class at their Clubbie racing on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Riders can either get a BMXA day license for $15.00 or if you...
  18. samsty

I need help finding a song title.

I am currently editing a video for a friend and I'm stuck trying to find out what one of the songs that was played at their wedding is called. I have asked everyone that I know and have had no luck so far. I have attached a link to a snip of the song. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
  19. samsty

Barjarg (VSS) Pics - 21/1/08

Here are a few pics from the race at Barjarg. Sorry they are a few months late. My computer had a fit and decided to wipe my harddrives that had all the photos on them (and everything else). I finally found the disk with the photos from Barjarg over the weekend. I'm in the middle of making up...
  20. samsty

Yack Pics

Awesome effort from everyone involved in running the event. It was such a great weekend. Top track, heaps of runs, all ran very smoothly. Here are a few pics from the race on the weekend. They were all taken by Tracy Whittaker. All up there are around 400 pics. I will try to get them all up...