Search results

1. INRI

Factory SS trail wheelsets?

I'm wondering if someone could tell me who makes a reasonably priced not heavy, not light singlespeed xc/trail wheelset? The only factory ss wheels I can find online are dj/street oriented and I'd rather examine factory option before splurging on a wheelbuild and whatnot.
  2. INRI

WTB: 30.9 seatpost

Item: ANY decent quality quality seatpost in 30.9 Price willing to pay: Pretty much whatever, but nothing TOO extraneous condition: Doesn't really matter, so long as it's not bent, cracked, or scratched up beyond belief. Working condition basically. Location: I'm in the ACT, but will pay...
  3. INRI

Chainguide as SS tensioner?

After using a couple of dropout mounted chain tensioners and breaking most, I am sceptical about buying another and dont want to fork out $50 plus for an adjustable, non spring loaded one. I was wondering if anyone could see any issues with using an old chainguide to tension my chain? all I can...
  4. INRI

Chainslip

Yo I converted my STP 0 to singlespeed the other day. Running a 16t cog (new), Shimano nine speed chain (relatively new, with a cool link), and a dabomb tensioner (brand new). My chainline is nice, everything is tightened nicely, and yet the chain is slipping every half pedalstroke under any...
  5. INRI

Twitter thread

I thought this would be the most useless social networking shit out, but fuck me if it isnt interesting. fuuuuuuuuck. Post your twitter. http://twitter.com/matthatesbeing Ones worth following include steve buscemi, lance armstrong, bsnyc
  6. INRI

Single speed on the cheap?

Ok, I am tiring of the hassle the gears on my bike are giving me so I want to change it so single speed ASAP. I have no issue with buying a sprocker or getting a tensioner etc. etc. but I don't want to pay the seemingly silly amount that companies charge for spacers to convert it. Is there some...
  7. INRI

Last.fm?

Any other Farkin members use Last.fm? For the unenlightened, last.fm is basically a site that archives all the times you play any songs and links you to artists you may like. It's sort of like Pandora, but more accurate, with a greater range and with a bit more of a social networking aspect...
  8. INRI

Mavic Deetraks - opinions?

Hey guys, thinking about getting a new set of wheels in the 650-750 price range for my stp 0 - mainly used for aggresive trail riding and jumping. Has anyone had any experience with the deetraks or know of any alternatives in a similar or lower price range that perform comparably?
  9. INRI

The Beautiful Men thread

In the interests of equality, I decided to create a thread for those of us who are not straight men. This thread will probably flop, but hey, it's worth a try right? Feel free to discuss or post any image/s of men you find particularly attractive. - Nothing that would be deemed NSFW. - No...