Search results

1. jimmy-do

I need more teeth on my Shim105 cog!!

OK, I'm looking to find out what is the largest cog that I can get to match my Shimano 105 (10 cogs). I have 25 teeth on my biggest, but am looking for a bunch more! Is there any cyclocross cassette which will fit? (Hills to climb!)
  2. jimmy-do

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

Just noticed on the Capital Punishment website (100km point to point marathon in Canberra): The Capital Punishment course will take in the best of the Canberra single tracks including Sparrow Hill, Kowen Forest, Majura Pines, Bruce Ridge and Mt Stromlo. These famous single tracks will be...
  3. jimmy-do

BRISBANE City Council - MTB Survey - Please fill out!

Folks, I have just received this call for input on a MTB survey for the Brisbane City Council: www.brisbane.qld.gov.au Please take the time to fill out this survey, only a few minutes of your time! You have been sent this email as you have contacted our Office regarding your...
  4. jimmy-do

Cleaning with degreaser - am I destroying my bike?

OK, I've had enough with those environmental 'citrus' degreaser which cost $18 and do bugger all, and used a $1.69 can of engine degreaser from Super Cheap. Talk about easy cleaning of the chain and cogs! Too good to be true? Am I doing damage to the bike?
  5. jimmy-do

MTB NSW Any XC tracks near Nelligan / Bateman's Bay

Anyone know of any XC track near Nelligan or Bateman's Bay?
  6. jimmy-do

Garmin 305 resilience to a wash!

A bit of buffoonery this morning… After an early morning ride, I took the Garmin EDGE 305 GPS off the bike and put it into my pocket, only to remember it after the shorts went through a full wash, rinse and spin cycle! Amazingly, the Garmin booted up OK after its ordeal.
  7. jimmy-do

Social MTB - Jerrabomberra area

Anyone doing any social MTB in the Jerra area over the next few days?
  8. jimmy-do

Low Cost Jersey for a team

Anyone have advice on where to get a set of 4 to 10 low cost jerseys made for an upcoming event? I want to put a local sponsor's logos onto them. Screen print is fine. Canberra area would be great.
  9. jimmy-do

Urban Polaris 2008 - Canberra 7 Dec

So, tell me about this Urban Polaris thing. 38 checkpoints over a 7 hour period. How much cross country is actually involved? Could I get away with fitting 1.5" treadless skinnies on my XC bike? Jimmy-Do
  10. jimmy-do

SCOTT24 Strolmo Oct 08 - Ride share from Brisbane?

Anyone interested in a ride share from Brisbane / Ipswich to Canberra for the SCOTT24 in October? Cheers Dave
  11. jimmy-do

NORCO Sizes

After having no joy on the NORCO website, nor with google, can anyone tell me what size rider a NORCO 18.5" 2005 2.0 EXC HT (MTB) would work for?
  12. jimmy-do

Set up for Antem 1

Does anyone have experiences or tips on setting up an Anthem1 for 100km races? Cheers Jimmy-Do
  13. jimmy-do

MTB ENDURO: Flight Centre EPIC - Practice rides

Anyone interested in doing some of the stages of the Flight Centre EPIC over the next few weekends? I'm thinking of social speed track recons. I have a few already ridden at: the EveryTrail website at /profile.php?user_id=9312 cheers Jimmy-DO