Search results

1. Mainee

Jokes Thread.

The Meaty Bites Diet I've got 2 dogs. I bought a large bag of Meaty Bites at Big W and was standing in line at the check-out...
  2. Mainee

Newbie -Bought the JAMIS Durango 2.0 , now the forks are Farked!

Hey fatdude, seems you have already made your decision, but just thought I'd give you my thoughts on the Jamis. I started MTB almost 2 years ago now, and bought the 08 Durango 2.0 as my first bike also. I have never had any issues with the bike or wheels, although it was used less than a year...
  3. Mainee

Endurance Super D- MT Buller

I've been thinking about getting into racing for a while now. Was thinking an enduro 50k or 100k was the way to go. But this sounds much better. Would definitely be interested in this.
  4. Mainee

What was Kyle Sandilands thinking? Better yet what the hell was the mother thinking?

... and who says there isn't a market for a Jerry Springer type show in this country. Nothing better than knowing we have one more disillusioned kid, that has had their trust betrayed by a parent. But if we as consumers didn't listen/read/watch this type of thing, there wouldn't be a market...
  5. Mainee

what is your song ?

But Tonight We Dance - Rise Against
  6. Mainee

Swine Flu

First it was SARS, then it was the bird flu and now the pig flu is going to kill us all. And that's only if the terrorists, the increased violence on Melbourne streets, the environment, the illegal immigrants or Connex don't get us first. People always need something to be afraid of, and the...
  7. Mainee

LG Viewty

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!! I've had mine for a year, and it is a piece of shit. As people have mentioned earlier the touch screen is useless. Battery life isn't great, but most mobiles I've had have been the same. My biggest issue is the phone has crap connectivity. I try to call...
  8. Mainee

Bad Religion & NOFX Australian Tour

Got to see BR last time they were here and was one of the best gigs I've seen, and now that they will be playing with NOFX, well, lets just say it feels like Christmas is coming early this year.
  9. Mainee

Bloody Subaru?!! New car issues..

This is a security feature of most modern central locking cars. If you unlock the doors and then don't open one of them, they will re-lock within a certain time period, so you don't accidentally leave your car open. As for Subaru, I've got an 08 Forester through Docklands interactive, I can't...
  10. Mainee

Online Bike Store??

We have a winner! Thanks mate. Appreciated.
  11. Mainee

Online Bike Store??

Hi All, Sometime last year there was a post on here about a website dedicated to selling last seasons bikes and demo models. Can't for the life of me remember what the name of the site is, and I cannot find it doing searches. So if anyone can remember and post the link, would be most...
  12. Mainee

Social Ride - Saturday mornings

Well pads haven't turned up as yet. They have been shipped and I would expect them to arrive today, but as I'm at work, I'll have to get them from the post office tomorrow morning, which means that I won't be able to get them till 9am at the earliest. As it's a 2 hour drive to Forrest I won't...
  13. Mainee

Social Ride - Saturday mornings

Hopefully I'll be able to make it. Got the go ahead from my doctor this week, that my elbow has recovered enough to start riding again. I've ordered some elbow pads online and as long as they turn up before the end of the week then I'll be in. Not sure I'll be able to keep up though, it's...
  14. Mainee

Online Purchasing Question

My thinking exactly. I guess I'll just suck it up and buy the item I want. It's only another $40. Although that is a 40% increase in the price. Soon it will be cheaper to fly to the USA than go for a ride. :)
  15. Mainee

If they had of just sent me the item and charged me extra, I'm fairly sure that would be illegal. And as far as ethics goes, although I don't think this is the case in this instance, what is stopping an online shop from doing this all the time. Saying 'no stock' and then saying well the new...
  16. Mainee

I recently purchased an item on the web at the websites advertised price and was told after the purchase went through (credit card not charged) that the product was out of stock and they asked if I wished to wait for more stock to come in, which I did because the product was a good price. Once...
  17. Mainee

Less obtrusive knee & arm pads

Maxwolfie, Thanks for the info. Ordered some medium ones tonight. Have plenty of time to swap them if the fit isn't right, but from what you said, I doubt the large would have even fit me. If anyone else is looking for them below $100 (including shipping) then I ordered them from Northen...
  18. Mainee

Also what are the sizes like? I'm guessing from the 661 website I'd be a medium, but I'm right on the end of the medium. How much can you tighten the large? I can't find anywhere in Melbourne that have the 661 Evo elbow guard in stock to be able to try some one. Anyone know of somewhere...
  19. Mainee

Just been searching around looking for some info on elbow guards and came upon this thread. I broke my elbow on new years and am now looking for some protection to use when I get back on the bike in about 4-6 weeks. I was wondering for those of you with the 661 evo's, are you happy with...
  20. Mainee

Fires!

Yes, unfortunately Danny has passed away. Last I heard his old man was still in hospital in a bad way. My condolences to Bree and all of Danny's family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.