Search results

1. S

Kowen/Sparrow Hill status

A bunch of us are heading to Canberra for a weekend of MTBing - Stromlo one day, and Kowen/Sparrow the other (some recon for the Mont/Capital punishment and just for fun). I know there's another thread on a similar weekend in Canberra, but we specifically wondered if anyone could advise on...
  2. S

Best birthday cake ever

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/11/25/bikerumor-pic-of-the-day-best-birthday-cake-ever/#more-37580 One sweet bike. But I hear the stiffness might be a bit... sponge-like.
  3. S

3 Ring Circus - Matinee only, half price!!

Our baby's first birthday that weekend. Funny how one's priorities change! Entry is $90 - will sell for $45. PM me if interested
  4. S

Will 2012 bikes be cheaper given the strong $A?

If I remember correctly, 2010 bikes were better value/cheaper than 2009 ones with one of the reasons being the stronger $A. Given the $A is so strong now does anyone in the industry have any idea about 2012 pricing? Is it worth hanging off buying a bike for a few months until then? As an...
  5. S

Bullying - again

Not sure if a thread has been started elsewhere on this (had a search, couldn't find anything). From today's smh.com.au The link is here http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/video-of-tables-turning-on-bully-sounds-alarm-bells-20110315-1bvmu.html
  6. S

Jongewaard wins Aus XC champs despite protest - what happened?

From the race report on cyclingnews.com http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/australian-mountain-bike-national-championships-cn-1/cross-country-elite-and-under-23-men/results Curious to know what happened.
  7. S

Post your custom cycle jersey

I'll kick off... Just signed off on our team's jersey for the upcoming Mont 24hr. For some reason I ended up designing it, even though I can't make the race this year. It's unashamedly Belgian, because, um... the colours are cool and they make great beer. Our team is just a bunch of guys...
  8. S

DHL Delivery Fail?

Hmmm. 3 weeks ago I ordered some new wheels from Bike24 in Germany . Posted the next day with tracking number. Received an email from Bike24 2 days later; they were informed by DHL/Deutsche Post that the terrible weather in Europe (+ Xmas holidays etc) meant shipments would be delayed...
  9. S

What am I missing? Can I use 29er wheels for road disc brake wheels?

Apologies if there's something really obvious I'm missing. My flatbar roadie/commuter (a Fisher Mendota) has discs, and comes with stock Bontrager SSR 700c disc wheels. It's an awesomely fun bike, but the strong $A and a severe case of upgrade-itis have struck, and I'm wondering about...
  10. S

Half fling entry for sale

New baby = no time to train. What was I thinking? Cost price ($100). PM me if interested.
  11. S

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2007 Small - Price Drop!

Item: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2007 Small (suit someone 155-165cm) Location: Sydney Item Condition: Very good. Done <1000km Reason for selling: Got an Anthem X, new baby coming, wife wants bike gone from garage! Price and price conditions: $1200 ono (was advertised for...
  12. S

Racing Ralph UST - difficulty mounting

Just got a set of Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 USTs to try instead of my Crossmark USTs. I have Mavic Crossmax SLs, and have no difficulty mounting the Crossmarks - the tire goes on easily by hand, seals up with a floor pump. But the Ralph - my God. Over an hour, lots of soapy water, 3 tire...
  13. S

24 Solo DVD?

After reading the latest Enduro mag, I'd love to see the 24 Solo DVD of Craig Gordon beating Chris Eatough (and needing dialysis after). I've searched and googled, but can only come up with a new one for $44.95. Anyone know if any bike shops places rent this? Or does anyone have a copy they...
  14. S

2.125" inner tube in 1.5" slick - any issues?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Did a few searches, couldn't find any info. Changed from 2.1" knobblies to 1.5" slicks (Maxxis Xenith) on the hardtail my girlfriend is riding (doing some road riding at the moment). Used the same inner tubes, which are 2.125". I can see the...
  15. S

$A down, prices up?

Did a quick search, apologies if it's been covered elsewhere. Was on hols in NZ last week and drooling over a Giant Anthem X1 (~$NZ3800). The bike shop guy said they'd heard from Giant that prices were going up by around 15-20% (about $NZ700 for the Anthem X1) so get in quick. Come back...
  16. S

Zip ties in helmets - why?

Over the last few weeks I've noticed quite a few people (on road and MTBs, Sydney and Canberra) riding around with multiple (6-12) zip ties radiating out of their helmets. Kinda looks like a not-very-spiky echidna. I zip tie my Ayups to my helmet, but can't figure out this one. Why?
  17. S

Wingello - too wet this weekend 26/27 April?

Hi, Having just got my hands on the Wild Horizons map of trails in the Southern Highlands, was thinking of going down with some mates to try some of the trails at Wingello this weekend. Anyone know what condition the trails are in? Too wet/muddy? Don't want to damage the trails, or to...