Search results

1. dan-492

TBSM website problems?

hey guys, is anyone else having trouble accessing TBSM? it is the only website that i cant get onto at the momnt so it cant be my connection, yet i got onto it at school today? is this my problem or are others having problems? cheers
  2. dan-492

Moto Tie-Downs

hey guys, Do any of you use moto tie downs for your bikes? just wondering if it does any damage to them or whatever? Cheers
  3. dan-492

Boxxer- strange

hey guys, serviced my 09 boxxer teams for the first time today, like changed the oil in the lowers and that. anyway, i reassembled them, put them back on the bike and they feel really plush and great, but as soon as i lift the front wheel off the ground, the forks like sort of top-out about 15mm...
  4. dan-492

Clipless pedals first timer

hey guys, bought my first pair of SPD pedals the other day, a pair of M647's with 661 filter shoes. As it is my first time with them, im not sure how they should feel but it seems that when i get them clipped in, i can easily pull my foot out of them without twisting sideways or anything. Ive...
  5. dan-492

9spd DH chain. Advantages?

hey guys, i am buying a new shimano duraace cassette for my glory and thought i would replace my chain whilst i am going. Just wondering if it is worth the extra cash for a dura ace/xtr chain over sram pc991 cross step chain or even a shimano hg-93, etc. any advice is appreciated
  6. dan-492

DH Cassette

Hey guys, i want to buy a close ratio cassette (11-21) for my glory. Just wondering if anyone can recommend one for DH use. Cheers
  7. dan-492

Downhill Leatt Brace

hey rotorburners, i saw an interview with andrew neethling on freecaster last night and he said leatt was coming out with a downhill specific brace to allow better vision in steep areas, etc. does anyone know if they are available yet or have any specific info on them? cheers
  8. dan-492

boxxer rebound knob

hey guys, i lost the red rebound knob off my 09 boxxer teams last weekend at thredbo. i cant seem to adjust the rebound now and it appears like there is a broken clip or something (metal ring) still attached to the lowers bolt. any way, can i buy a replacement part, or is there some other way...
  9. dan-492

Dual Slalom

hey guys, just wondering if dual slalom is where two people race down a hill, weaving between markers (in a nutshell). The NSW round held in goulburn in a couple of weeks says it will be held on the grass next to track. it is just a smooth hill basically so i can only presume that it will be...
  10. dan-492

What BB for SLX cranks?

hey guys, looking to buy some Shimano SLX cranks for my 4x bike. just wondering if anyone could tell me what BB they are compatible with. cheers
  11. dan-492

4X- Kona Shred Frame

hey guys, just wondering if you guys think its worth building up a kona shred for 4x as i have the bike already. or is it worth saving up and buying another frame? cheers
  12. dan-492

BB-Crank Compatibility

hey guys, currently i have a set of FSA alpha drive cranks on my kona shred (68-73mm BB). i need new cranks and was wondering if i would need to buy a new BB as well if i was to buy say Shimano Saint, SLX cranks or FSA gravity cranks size 68-73mm. Can you run any cranks providing they are...
  13. dan-492

09 Marzocchi DJ3 issues

hey guys, recently bought a pair of 09 DJ3 forks off CRC. ive installed them on the bike but ever since new, they havn't worked properly. first problem is that they lock out for no reason, just cant compress them at all. this happens i think when they are fully extended. secondly,they...
  14. dan-492

Corc DH Majura- 15th Feb. Anyone got photos?

hey guys, just wondering if anyone took any photos last weekend at the corc dh race at majura. cheers
  15. dan-492

Maxxis FR tubes vs Maxxis DH

hey guys, did a search but found nothing. just wondering if the FR tubes will stand up to DH riding. I currently run Maxxis DH tubes and was told that the FR tubes will be lighter. Is it worth running the FR tubes for the weight saving? or do they flat more easily than DH tubes. cheers guys
  16. dan-492

Bent Pedal

hey guys, after a pretty big crash on the weekend i have noticed that as im pedalling, my left foot feels like its pedalling crooked. i have checked the cranks and am pretty sure they arnt bent. is it more likely that the pedal axel is bent or the body itself? also, should i try and straighten...
  17. dan-492

4x Bike Build

hey guys, at the moment i am considering building up a 4x bike so i can start doing a bit of racing. its only in the "idea" stage at the moment but i just wanted to know what you 4x'ers out there think would be a good frame to start with. at the moment, i have a kona clump hardtail frame thats...
  18. dan-492

ParkTool v.s IceToolz v.s Pedros

hey guys, im looking to buy a set of quality allen-keys. i like the p-handled ones and have found both a Parktool set and Icetoolz set. Just wondering if either brand is better, etc or if anyone has had experience with either. cheers IceToolz Set...
  19. dan-492

headset problem-my fault

hey guys, recently i removed the top crown on my boxxers to re-route a cable (on my brand new Giant 09 DH1). im trying to become more independant mechanics wise. anyway when i undid the clamp, the steerer tube slid down, and the headset bearings in the bottom of head tube came out as well. i...
  20. dan-492

09 Giant Glory DH1

hey, picked my 09 DH1 up friday. its all stock for 09. loving it! Frame - Giant Glory DH Rear shock - Fox DHX4 Front shock/fork - Boxxer Team Handlebars - Race Face Evolve AM LowRise Stem - Race Face Evolve DH Headset - Cane Creek Grips - Giant Lock On Saddle - SDG I-Fly Seatpost -...