Search results

1. X

Mounting older Hope Hydros to forks

I've got an older style front Hope hydro (unsure of model name, but from memory there is a "6" engraved somewhere on it). I went to mount it to my 03 DJ III's on the weekend, but had a bit of trouble. When I mounted the caliper directly to the fork (and used a 6" rotor) everything looked to...
  2. X

Shockworks vs Fox rear shocks

I just got a new frame (Craftworks DHR) and it looks like the Fox shock is stuffed. The replacement options I have will be either a 2nd hand Fox Vanilla RC or a brand new Shockworks DB shock for the same price. Has anyone used the shockworks and can comment on it? Would I be better off...
  3. X

Pressing a Chris King NoThreadSet

I read the other day that you require a special tool to press a CK headset into a frame. Do you need a CK specific tool, or a sealed bearing pressing tool? Also, is there a way to remove the headset without using the tool? I don't want to damage it, but it will just be easier if I can remove...
  4. X

CYBERCRIME Re-Direct

Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone. When I type in www.farkin.net or www.future-edge.net it gets redirected to www.cybercrime.gov If I type in www.farkin.net/forums it goes right to the forums though. It seems to be happening on both computers I have here too. Weird.... :?
  5. X

2002 Iron Horse SGS DH

I'm thinking of upgrading my current bike (Mongoose NX 9.7DH) and went and had a look at Rebel Sport today (only place here that seems to stock Iron Horses). They had an 02 model SGS DH, which they are really keen to get rid of. I was more interested in getting an 04 model Team, but he reckons...
  6. X

When do 2005 model parts come out?

I know it probably sounds like a stupid question, but when do companys like Marzocchi generally bring out their new model? I know with MX stuff, you can start to see the new years models around Sept/Oct in some cases. I'm planning on buying some 888r's or Monster T's around June (yay for big...
  7. X

32H vs 36H

I'm about to get a new front wheel built up, and I was wondering what the advantages/disadvantages of a 36 spoke wheel were? Is there much difference between having a 32 hole or a 36 hole? It will either be a Dice TwoSix or a Mavic D521 26" rim on a deore disc hub.
  8. X

Mavic 321 vs Dice Two Six

I am going to upgrade my brakes to hydro discs, and as such figure I may as well get some new rims while I'm at it. I have been looking at either the Mavic D-321 or the Dice Two-Six. The bike will be used mainly for freeriding. What are peoples opinions on these two rims? Do either of...