Search results

1. G

Will a new bike make me ride?

Thanks for the ballpark figure. I've got a few other bills so might have to jump on the roadie to build up some bike fitness before a service. I think I have avids on the Preston - is there something wrong with them? Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
  2. G

A bit unsure to be honest. The Preston was built up in about 2013 and I put about 100km on it before I headed O/S for work. I bought the Ibis (2nd hand) while O/S and I'm ashamed to admit I haven't even thrown a leg over it. So i guess my main concerns are the suspension and brakes. I can...
  3. G

An old khs xc-404 (? I think), transition Preston w/RS revelations and an Ibis mojo. Long term I'd like to transfer some components from the Preston to the mojo. Friend has been nagging me to get up to stromlo so I need to get off my arse. Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
  4. G

I'm in the same category as thread starter. The only difference is that I'm poor at the moment so will stick with what i already own. Haven't been on the trails in a few years and the 3 bikes are gathering garage dust instead of trail dust. How much is a bike service these days? Sent from...
  5. G

Sort of 1 of those dream bike threads

So I've found myself living in the US for the next few years and it's difficult not to notice the greater range and value for money options. What would everybody buy? Or recommend for me. When in oz I ride at stromlo, not downhill. My current ride is a pretty sweet but old Transition Preston...
  6. G

CRC sale

They have half price rear Fox shocks. How do I work out which type I need? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=82842 They have 200mm to 51mm stroke (low volume) or 215mm to 64mm I have a transition preston (2005 model I think)
  7. G

Lizardskins Northshore Grips

Cool, thanks for the tip. Will save me going to see them tmrw and I can just head straight out to Stromlo. I still don't like them replacing the clamps with their store imprinted ones though. Just hope now my body can hold up to it, I know the 'preston' will handle it easily.
  8. G

Lizardskins Northshore Grips

So I've been really slack and haven't ridden my dream bike for a few years, I'm blaming the new wife and buying a house and just being a slack arse for my lack of effort. So I dusted off the bike to take out to Stromlo over the Christmas break. I needed some new grips so went and bought a pair...
  9. G

The bike you shouldn't have bought

Long time lurker. I think I win or lose this thread. A friend passed the MTB bug onto me many years ago by lending me an old KHS alite for a spin at Stromlo. Loved it - bought a KHS xc bike and thrashed it. Then I got a Transition Preston Fr frame from the states, work colleague brought it...
  10. G

Women, etc.

I was always a little confused, but thanks to this thread I now understand cyber bullying.
  11. G

Women, etc.

You're not getting it... You were the douche not her - don't try and make her look bad because you've realised you have royally screwed up... Her ex-b/f's are none of your business. You never met this person face to face - just because you're texting her, talking on the phone to her, and...
  12. G

Women, etc.

Syndicate - don't be so judgemental. From your post I am assuming you never actually met the girl. You were acting like she was a possession when you don't even know her. You cannot change your own past let alone a strangers. It may surprise you but attractive women get hit on everyday -...
  13. G

carbon tax? has the world gone mad.

Why? Is it similar to nuclear whereby the stations need to be reasonably close to the households? Maybe instead of throwing 900 dollars at everyone they could have given everybody a solar panel. I'm not a scientist (obviously) but to be honest the problem is that people like me that don't...
  14. G

Of course that 900 clams saved our bacon.
  15. G

Why are we not filling our uninhabitable (sun drenched) desert with solar panels? Is it possible that this new tax is coming now because the GFC is actually coming our way? Thoughts?
  16. G

Relativity of looks syndrome.

Its meant to be a bit of a laugh but there are some very interesting points. http://www.laddertheory.com/
  17. G

Women, etc.

You beat me to it (pun intended). I've only been married just under two years and the thought of cheating on my partner never crosses my mind. An ex cheated on me years ago and god it was the most horrible feeling ever so I know I could never do it to anybody. Hew - the way you have...
  18. G

foreign aid?

So we should leave them high and dry and then what - in another 10 years time we will be back in there trying to repair the damage our absence caused. And: so Indonesia has pledged assistance for the flood relief in QLD - does that then entitle them to something from QLD? Off topic -...
  19. G

foreign aid?

Go do some research into what really happened during the ET v Indonesia conflict, especially Australia's involvement. We did so much for ET and are still doing a great deal there ie. the gas deal.
  20. G

Key Upgrades for Trance X3 2010 - for XC and (a little) DH

Why buy a lower specc'd bike when you plan on upgrading it? Wouldn't it actually be better to just buy what you are after in a bike at the start, especially considering you mention that cost was not a factor?