Search results

1. D

What rings for dual 10 sp?

I'm on a 36/28 and a 11-34 on my remedy and am riding everything I care too. I don't care to go any faster than the 36/11 can take me and I figure if I can't ride it with a 28/34 I don't want to ride it anyway!
  2. D

Rotorua Group Accomodation

I can vouch for thermal Holiday park. they have a wide range of accommodation options. It is only the log cabins that don't have linen from memory. they have outdoor thermal hot pools, and are right at the trail head basically. Alternatively lok on Trademe for holiday house rental.
  3. D

Clipless Shoe Types

I have had a pair of shoes with a rigid sole for a year now, before that I always had softer SPD shoes. There are two main things that I have noticed that are different: 1. the rigid shoes are more comfortable on the bike, no hot spot around the cleat area. 2. they are not great off the bike...
  4. D

Where to ride tomorrow Sunday 8/7/12???

I was kinda hoping not to ride the youies, I love it but I've ridden it more than a fair bit lately. Plenty Gorge...Didn't know there was riding there. Whats it like?
  5. D

Where to ride tomorrow Sunday 8/7/12???

I want to ride tomorrow, somewhere within about two hours of Melbourne. Who can recommend somewhere that is in reasonable shape at the moment, Something that would give me a couple of hours, isn't more mud than trail, is suitable for some one of average fitness and decent technical ability and...
  6. D

WANTED: Accident Insurance Horror stories

Great story, thanks man. Sounds like that was a really good result. and a good reason to have private health insurance! I did mine 14 years ago at Nationals in Canberra, although I didn't have any insurance - couldn't afford to pin it and still have trouble sleeping on it! Come on...
  7. D

WANTED: Accident Insurance Horror stories

Hey all. I am putting together a bit of a side project at work and need your help. Basically I want to hear about your experiences with insurance, mainly personal accident insurance. Over the years I have heard people's stories here and there but of course now that I need them I have forgotten...
  8. D

Riding Rotorua

On the accommodation front, I would recommend a place called Thermal Holiday Park they have cabins so you can cook cheap meals and stuff. The best thing is that it is literally a 5 minute ride to the main carpark at the gate. I have stayed there heaps of times and can safely say that it is a...
  9. D

VIC 2011/2012 MTBA All Mountain Cup Round 2 - Mt Buller

I've stayed at Merrijig lodge a couple of times now. Yully is managing it as a MTB lodge this summer bike storage/tools/MTB vids and mags around the place. its pretty good value and real nice food too (al a carte menu).
  10. D

Copperhead Flow Down trail @ Mt Buller, just a get you frothing a little.

I rode it last weekend, the only thing is there is no shuttle to get back up so you have to ride.
  11. D

[VIC] Buxton trails temporary closure

We just rode there today and I can safely say two things. First there were a massive amount of trees down but they have been cleared, and two, all the trails are rideable and dry!! Oh, and pretty fun too- damn that's three. There were two or three trees still across the trail in places but...
  12. D

Triple R Mountain bike ride in Castlemaine

Hmm, don't know anything about the ride you speak of, but I do know that there will be around 4000 Great Vic riders there on Sunday- it's the last day of the ride from Swan Hill. The place will be a zoo with stacks of coaches and thousands of cars picking people up. Fun times!
  13. D

Training on the road. MTB or Road bike?

What about a set of 29er wheels with road tires on a 26er? would that give you a bit more speed on the road, to get ride of the infuriating slowness, but still maintain body position/ bike feel etc?? I've been wondering about hti for a while. Has anyone tried it? thoughts??? Many years ago I...
  14. D

2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

How was it out there today? was it wet?? Many people? How's the track holding up? I'll be out there tomorrow and want to get an idea of what I am in for!
  15. D

Sold

I have sent a PM.
  16. D

Proper bloody tubes,

yo Dreggs, ya smokin crack. just run the tubes you have. they will be fine. unless of course you have been on a tube repairing bender again, in which case dispose of all those tubes immediately and buy new ones. Question to all comers- what ever happend to "green tubes"??? back in the day they...
  17. D

channel 9 news

that's legal. Riding two abreast is also legal, and actually in congested areas is the safest way to ride on the road. Further to this I know that the law states that bicycles must ride to the left, funny one that. Supposedly this is to allow other vehicles to pass, reinforcing in law on of...
  18. D

Vets/masters only dh racing?

Weird, I was just talking with some mates about this very concept on the weekend up in Sydney. It's definately something I'd like to be part of. Let me know if you need a hand in putting something together retro, pm me if you want.
  19. D

Bike carrier that can hold XC bikes and roadies??

I got one of these a little while ago, and George really does look after you. Apart from the product being a locally made and really awesome rack, he's a good bloke!
  20. D

AM road trip Sydney to VIC

Don't forget Mt Beauty. You might get there and end up canning the rest of your trip!