Search results

1. F

[Sunny Coast] Fit + Keen Beginner after some pointers

Hey All, I got a friend into MTBing, but moved overseas recently and can't help her out anymore. She's been trail riding with me at Parklands a few times and had no problems with Ho Chi Ho, Road Rage, ect and has been doing a few of the local sunny series races, but want to inprove a bit...
  2. F

reasonable deposit ?

I really hope i'm just missing the sarcasm here. 20% is normal for bikes, and i'd say as much as 50% is acceptable if you're after some thing obscure. Bike shops take a deposit to ensure you come back, and that you're committed to that bike. We as a shop don't want to be stuck with an XXL 29er...
  3. F

Nukeproof Mega (update on pg.2)

Looks awesome man!
  4. F

September 2012 French, Swiss or German bike park trip??

G'day all. I've been living and working in germany for what will be a bit over a year by september, and plan to round out my time with a couple weeks in one of the big euro bike parks. At this point i was kind of thinking of Morzine/Les Gets, and I'm just wondering if anyone else is...
  5. F

Which Bike to Buy?

what about a 2010 GT Force Carbon? Pro Cycles Caloundra has one for 2999, brand new, size large.
  6. F

New Zealand Trip !!!!!

queenstown! coolest place on earth! close to Skippers canyon dh (from follow me), remarkables dh, another one starting near the top of skippers but going down the range toward town again (also in follow me), wynyard express dh, dream track dh, gorge road DJ, plus wanaka 40 minutes up the road...
  7. F

Photo A Day VIII

26th for me if its still going!
  8. F

GT Force

We have one 2010 model in Large @ Pro Cycles Caloundra.
  9. F

scott voltage fr 30

sick bike, super adjustable. only selling mine to fund an am bike for overseas trip. love that it can be a 7in dh bike one day, and a 4in slalom/ss/4x bike the next. stiff, solid construction, good colour, sensible spec, cheap... not that light but frame only wieght is comparable to other...
  10. F

Sunshine Coast DH

could someone pm me directions to one or more of these tracks? i'm getting desperate for a ride, its been a long time!
  11. F

The Photo Snob Thread

i forgot to mention, but i also have an 18-55 that i dearly love, for a kit lens its pretty decent, and a nifty... just after the tele. have heard the sigma is reasonable sharpness, anyone else have any experience with it on cropped bodies?
  12. F

The Photo Snob Thread

i like the first one the best, not sure why but its cool! on another note, i'm after some advice from y'all: i'm living in queensland and want to shoot some surf stuff. i currently have the 70-3000 nikon kit lens on a d90. love the camera, but the lens and i don't really get along sadly. so...
  13. F

Sunshine Coast

are any of these shuttleable? anyone keen to have an extra person for some runs? i'll chip in petrol money and have my license.
  14. F

Sunshine Coast

Hi all, just moved to buderim on the sunshine coast from hobart, and looking for local spots to ride. i'm not fussy, i'll ride street, park, dirt (not well) as well as DH/FR stuff. don't mind helping out digging if you've got a spot you're willing to share, and i also do a bit of photography...
  15. F

Sunshine Coast

Hi all, just moved to buderim on the sunshine coast from hobart, and looking for local spots to ride. i'm not fussy, i'll ride street, park, dirt (not well) as well as DH/FR stuff. don't mind helping out digging if you've got a spot you're willing to share, and i also do a bit of photography...
  16. F

VIC Sold

not to be an ass, but our LBS sells them for $699 brand new, and tbsm for $734 brand new. asking 750-800 second hand is a bit of a rip off isn't it?
  17. F

The Photo Snob Thread

haven't used the canon ones, but i'm gonna assume they're roughly the same as the nikon equivalents. the main difference between the two lenses is obviously there maximum aperture, but really what this translates to is how far you have to stop down before you get sharp corners. I'm fairly sure...
  18. F

The Photo Snob Thread

i've got 2 yn-460s and using the yuonguo triggers - have for ~6 months and they've been 100% reliable. cheap and have decent range, get into it!
  19. F

Sunshine Coast DH

Hey all, moving to the sunshine coast from Tasmania for around 6 months, and wondering whether it's worth bringing my DH sled up with me. is there much in the was of decent DH runs in/around the Buderim area? if anythings "unofficial" and is ok to share, just PM me. also done a bit of...
  20. F

The Photo Snob Thread

thanks for the feedback Ango XC! it was a mf 8mm lens, so that was actually pretty close (wasn't comfortable getting much closer... more practice might solve this). i did have a fill flash to camera right, but due to the brightness of the day, i'd stopped down to f11 and so wasn't getting much...