Search results

1. beatlloydy

Sutherland Cycling Club Annual Short Track Disco MTB race

The Annual Sutherland Cyclng club MTB race was run last night at Sutherland. This race featured riders from 3 to 60 racing in various distances...The A grade race was won by Sid Taberlay. Here is a link to a video I have made of this event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxz8qkeBxn8
  2. beatlloydy

Sutherland Short Course DISCO MTB race 27/8/11

On 27/8/11 the Sutherland Cycling club held a MTB race with a difference. Riders from 4 to 50+ raced around a circuit at night with mirror balls, smoke machines, strobes and various coloured flashing, moving lights replacing normal obstacles. The juniors raced over a still light 400m course...
  3. beatlloydy

The Push bike song - weird bikes

Check out this U Tube clip I was viewing the other day http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKqa3ej5sU In it you will see some early bikes from the 70's that seemed to have some weird suspension. Anyone see any of these before and know if any still exist? They would be the ultimate beach...
  4. beatlloydy

MTB in remote areas: this may save your life

Hi all, I recently just did my recertification in St John's Snr First aid and there have been a few changes. Some little tips I thought I would pass on to my fellow MTB'ers. These could save your life. some of them I already knew but thought best to re-iterate the top 5. 1. Always carry a...
  5. beatlloydy

Expressions/language within fringe groups/subcultures

Hi all, Reading through the various forums I learnt a new term for either having a good time or being really good at something. That word was "pinned". Forgive me if my interpretation is incorrect but I noticed it mostly in the DH forums. The following is a mass of generalisations and...
  6. beatlloydy

Scott or Mont...which was better

Hi all, Well I am still coming down from 24 hour team racing 3 weeks later...It is such a great format. Did the Scott and the Mont...Cant decide which was better. IMHO the Scott had more hills and the downhills (esp on the red track) were super quick pure adrenalin. Then again, the Mont...