Search results

1. shredder dj

URGENT: Get off your interwebz!

IE users are strongly suggested to switch temporarialy. A de-bugger will be released sometime tommorrow. Mainly affected residents in China but you never know. Mozilla here I come! What are your thoughts on this?
  2. shredder dj

Gear shifting problems

Hey guys, Out on a ride today I noticed that my rear derailleur isn't working properly. It shifts down gears fine but when trying to shift up a gear it doesn't work, and if it does it takes 10-15 seconds for the chain to actually move. If I click up twice in a row it will go but very noisely...
  3. shredder dj

Is it possible? #2

Hey guys, is it at all possible to increase the travel your forks have, without a u-turn style feature?
  4. shredder dj

Size of BB shell

Hey guys, I have recently taken my bike into my LBS to see if I can get a chainguide installed on it. They've told me that I need a new BB/crankset because my bottom bracket cannot support a chainguide. BUT, stupid me forgot to ask what the size of the BB shell is. It's an '08 Kona Shred...
  5. shredder dj

Mind Tease

Hey everybody, I'm doing some science homework about mining/metals/alloys and all of that sort of stuff. I've got two questions that im stuck on, I have searched in google but haven't found anything. Here are the questions: 1) An alloy made from bismuth, lead, tin and cadmium has a very...
  6. shredder dj

FSA Alphadrive

Hey everyone, I have some FSA Alphadrive cranks on my '08 Kona Shred, and they have a bit of a problem: Whenever I put pressure on them (pedalling up the slightest hill/rise) they start to creak noisely. It seems to be coming from the bottom bracket area and sometimes up near the pedals...
  7. shredder dj

BMX Help!!

Hey everyone, I searched and didn't find anything on this topic, so here goes: I'm pulling apart my bmx (a Forgotten Victim) to get the frame, bars and forks resprayed. So my problem is, which order should I take parts off in? I started with the brakes, and they are really starting to give...
  8. shredder dj

Home Page

Is it just me or is the Farkin home page playing up? Sorry if this has already been asked before. On mine I have to scroll down to actually see the content of the "News" section.
  9. shredder dj

Shred!!! Now with specs!! Lookie!!

Yep, 2008 is the year for new bikes, I got this baby my '08 Kona Shred for christmas. It handles so well, and even only with DJ3's is a great all rounded bike, including dowhill. Also it has a very strong frame! Upgrades: A maxxis sticker :D, sunline lock-ons and maxxis minions, the rear...
  10. shredder dj

Did you Forget your Victim? (now with specs) New Paint Job! Look!!

Hey everyone! This is my brand new '08 Forgotten Victim, she's a beauty to ride, can't wait to hit the skate park with it! New Paint Job (Dark green frame and pure white forks and handlebars) Planned upgrades: At the moment only a 25t Lite Sprocket, not sure what colour...
  11. shredder dj

Help with a Katmandu!!

Hey farkiners, Ever since my brother got his new bike (2008 Norco Katmandu) he has been complaining about the forks and how they don't compress very well. We have tried everything for them but they are still very, very average. So as I'm browsing Ebay, I find a pair of 04/05 marzocchi dirt...
  12. shredder dj

Norco Six or Shore frame

Item: Norco Shore or Norco Six frame Location: 3775, Yarra Glen Price range/Willing to Pay: Depending on condition, $450 - $600 Extra Info: Must be size M or L And I am happy to pay postage Any replies much appreciated
  13. shredder dj

Wanted: Marzocchi 55 ATA2

Item: Marzocchi 55 ATA2 Location: Im in Yarra Glen, eastern suburbs of Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: My 2008 DJ3's plus a bit of money your way Extra Info: Not urgent but needed, also money part negotiable :p
  14. shredder dj

Ebay Norco... a bit sus?

Hey guys, I was looking around on Ebay when I came across this norco: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/norco-mountain-bike-new-chain-back-rim-etc-3-monthsold_W0QQitemZ110207263886QQihZ001QQcategoryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I checked it out, it looks really sus because he has little...
  15. shredder dj

Best Gel/Wax For Long Hair!!

What is the best Gel/Wax for long hair? What do you guys use? :cool:
  16. shredder dj

What forks should I upgrade to?

Hey guys, I'm getting a Kona Shred 08 model for christmas.. im looking to get into a bit of light downhill, and the dirt jumper 3's that come with it don't have enough travel. i was looking into rock shox pikes or marzocchi 66's. any ideas??