Search results

1. willipa

WA WA rebirth of the Freeride

The quality of these trails is something else when seen in the flesh. Such an eye opener on what can be done with the right approach and backing, some great footage too. Can't wait to see what the plans are for the Goatfarm as well. This is great news after the ongoing issue with the northshore...
  2. willipa

WA RockShox Argyle RCT 2011 *SOLD*

Item: RockShox Argyle RCT 2011 *SOLD* Location: Perth northern suburbs, WA. Item Condition: No damage at all, seen one weeks riding. Two small nicks behind crown. Steerer cut to 190mm. Reason for selling: Went to rigids. Price and price conditions: $500 firm plus postage. Extra Info: One...
  3. willipa

WA Specialized P1 2009 *SOLD*

Item: Specialized P1 2009 Location: Perth northern suburbs. Item Condition: Barely used, great condition. A couple of cosmetic scratches shown below, grips and pedals slightly worn. No rust, everything runs smoothly. No front brake. Reason for selling: Doesn't get ridden, need money for...
  4. willipa

DJ Dartmoor Cody

Nice wheels, seat needs more low though.
  5. willipa

DJ/Street Wheels.

I've been running a 721 on the rear on my street bike for 3 years at least, still true except from a tiny dent from plowing into a stair set with 60psi in my tyres :eek:. Unless your a rider who goes through rims heaps or wants some slick anodised colours, i'ld go the 721's. They ARE a very...
  6. willipa

will this wrek my forks and frame

Smell badly, AND (correct me if I'm wrong) carry diseases, viruses and such. But hey if you want to jump into a pool, I'd say you'd just have to do a thorough clean and re-lube after. And make sure there's no water inside your frame. You should then be ok. Try it on a POS bike and see...
  7. willipa

Building a wooden ramp?

If you have built lots of dirt jumps in your time you should be able to work out a transition pretty easy. Make sure you think about how your going to pick it up and carry it We put a wooden sheet on the back of the ramp to stop it flexing, but left a gap in it you can pick it up by. Also...
  8. willipa

Front Chain Ring

To be honest, unless you struggle at all in first gear doing hillclimbs, a 34t on the fronts will be fine. It's not a huge difference and you still have gears.
  9. willipa

Physics Help?

hey, PE of an object at the top = KE at the bottom. PE - mgh = KE - 1/2mv^2 ( m's cancel out) gh = 1/2v^2 as your finding height, divide by the g h = (1/2v^2)/g h = (.5*(25^2))/9.8 = 31.89 I find this way easier as its simple formulas to remember. Each to their own, happy if i...
  10. willipa

Learning new Control

I can't wheelie or manual, yet can backhop with ease on a dj bike with only a rear brake. Have tried on a trials bike too, it just takes practice, i think its easier as there is pretty much no danger involded in learning it. Lower tyre pressures would help ( but doing trials you surely have...
  11. willipa

Downhill Marriage counseling

double? dam computer.
  12. willipa

Downhill Marriage counseling

I guess, im also in a similar situation. Went to new zealand on a downhill holiday for two weeks last february, and since then have gone downhilling 2 - 3 times. Heaps of 'reasons' why; like work, uni, gigs, other riding etc. But most its a sort of dissapointment when going to local tracks, as...
  13. willipa

The importance of stretching

I must be doing everything wrong, ive never stretched before riding, and never really had any muscle problems either though. I do usually warm up with a couple of laps or runs though. Interesting about the idea of static stretching being bad, i do alot of static and dynamic in muay thai, and...
  14. willipa

Whats the longest pushie you have ever done?

I think ill have to be different, the longest, or hardest pushie i have ever done was down a hill. I managed to fold my front brake rotor halfway-ish down a run in new zealand. I then of course, had to carry my 22kg downhill bike, down the rest of the track..:mad:
  15. willipa

Summary of our DH trip to Queenstown, NZ.

Sounds like an awesome trip :) I went febuary this year, 5 days christchurch, 4 days wanaka, 5 days queenstown. ( we stayed next to wynard freeride park :p) And, also like you guys, a bit dissapointed about the lack of the expected freeride mtb park on cadrona mountain, took a while to find...
  16. willipa

need to find a really strong rim

I think, a better thing to do would be to buy a spoke key, and learn how to true up and keep your rims tight, its not too difficult and there are some great websites online if your having trouble. They become so much weaker when the spokes are loose, which is probably why you're going through...
  17. willipa

Vertogo bike Tours NZ - Who's done it?

When i went in febuary, we managed to take our own bikes over there with virgin. I dont think i would have liked to rent. With breakages, the bike shops in christchurch are not overpriced compared to over here at all, didnt have a look in queenstown though. As for the gondola track, we didnt...
  18. willipa

"Chirping" Argyles

My new argyles starting doing that, temporary fix was silicon spray on the stantions/seals. Might be worth a try:confused:
  19. willipa

Nearly got jumped

Yeah, you never mentioned... who's this Nilly guy?
  20. willipa

Giant Glory

Well, i ride a 08 glory dh1, and it could just be my setup, but at 20.5 kgs, its a real mission to crank anywhere, except going downhill. My friend has a faith on the other hand which is the same weight, and easy to pedal anywhere. So, i guess it's down to how its setup, all im saying is im...