Search results

1. iamemanuel

anyone making or taking bets on the world cup???

I have been asked by several friends if TAB will be taking bets on the stromlo world cup. Not that i am encouraging gambling but does anyone know if we can possibly put some money down on the event legally?? if not it will have to remain bets between us.... ps. I WANT BYO!!!!!! sam
  2. iamemanuel

querie about international online store orders?

Hey i live here in australia, i am about to order from a US online bike store... in order to buy via credit card they require me to send a scanned copy of my drivers license, and credit card via email. pretty well everything they would need to empty me out.... just wondering if anyone has...
  3. iamemanuel

Can't manage to drift to the right...

hey folks, i was out riding with a mate the other day and found a really loose and drifty corner (to the left). So naturally we began to start trying to drift it... and it was no trouble. then later on we found another corner of the same nature, HOWEVER, i couldn't manage to drift it at all...
  4. iamemanuel

Is there a need for shore trails??

This is a bit of a response to a thread in "trail building" http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=122692 as much as those trails look sweet. there is no real need for north shore in Australia. In canada there is a need to build elevation trails because of the amount of snow they get year...
  5. iamemanuel

wat to look for in a stree/park/dj bike?

sup folks, just wanting to know the things to look for in a second hand street bike. i ride DH as often as possible however due to coin restrictions and a distinct lack of any other form of riding beside DH and xc where i live i have never ridden street/park/dj in my life so i have no clue...
  6. iamemanuel

Biggest jump hit on a mtb in AUS???

how guys just curious to see some pictures on what you think is the biggest jump/huck/drop hit by an Australian in Australia is. Apart from Mr Rennie's world record attempt out in the dessert somewhere, it would be good to see pics of less known riders sending it huge...... feel free to post...
  7. iamemanuel

where does old bathurst come out??

hey folks, Old Bathurst rd DH is on the cards for a ride soon. i have found directions to the start of the track but i am just wondering where the track comes out just for shuttle purposes. i am from orange, so dont really know the area. If anyone could give st name references that would...
  8. iamemanuel

What makes a good 18th??

hey folks, just in the process of planning my 18th birthday next weekend. and wanting to hear from you lot what the best parties you ever went to were?? and what made them the best parties?? apart from a good supply of brain cell killing liquids coz that is well catered for!!!!:D cheers sam...
  9. iamemanuel

Coffs Habour DH

Hey folks, Me and a mate are heading to coffs early in the the new year and i was wanting to know a bit about what people think of the track. (What should i be expecting etc.) also i am wondering what sort of gear i will need to bring to come out safely. I ride an 07 A-line so i think...
  10. iamemanuel

general dh course questions?

hey folks just wondering what classes as shortcourse downhill? is it the time taken to ride the track or distance? if soo what are they aprox.? also i dont race much mainly because of a lack of transport and was just wondering do most tracks that have races on them have rock gardens?? and what...
  11. iamemanuel

who got tickets to BDO???

YYEEEOOWWW!!!! rage here i come!!! who else manage to grab a ticket or two??? anyone feel like beating a scalper!!!! half my friends missed out! and then we went on ebay at 9:25am and there were heaps of tickets aready up for stupidly high prices!
  12. iamemanuel

blue mountains trails????

hey folks, me and a mate are going to the blue mountains tomorrow to go for a ride. We only have downhill bikes (norco aline, shore 3) and the only trail we know of is the oaks fire trail. From what I have been reading Oaks doesnt seem to be a very dh bike friendly track and can be...
  13. iamemanuel

mt stromlo???

hey folks, i am going down to ride mt stromlo this coming thursday and friday and i am just wanting to know if there are any websites with information about where the track is (apart from mt stromlo in general) and cost (if any)? also i am wondering how do u get back to the top of the...
  14. iamemanuel

Big crash on road gap shattered collar bone and broken wrist

This is a video of lindsay (tallman) finding out wat happens when u case a road gap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OvvBdAvIA0 story behind it... well until a week or two back we used to have a couple of really nice shore road gaps (pics of them in "Phat Snaps"). This was until...
  15. iamemanuel

stromlo advice

hey folks, i am planning a trip to canberra in august and i am wanting to go and hit some trails while i am there. In particular stromlo if it is open. What i am wanting to know is whether or not it would be open in august and whether it is open to the public?? Also if anyone could...
  16. iamemanuel

starting up races??

hey folks, i was just wanting to know what has to be done to be able to start "official" racing? i currently ride a track thats is most likely not approved by the council but it is well maintained and wouldn"t take a great deal i dont think to get it "legal". but the council is full of old...
  17. iamemanuel

whats at manly dam??

hey folks i'm not actually from sydney and i was wondering what sort of trail/s are at manly dam?? any downhill or is it a xc course?? cheers sam
  18. iamemanuel

07 Norco A-Line

well this is my new baby. i Havent upgraded anything yet. i dont really see the point at this the moment. It is my first decent bike previously i rode an apollo (yeoow!! have to start somewhere). Marzocchi 888 RCV fork, Fox DHX-3, Sun MTX S-type's, juicy 5's, SRAM X-7, Kenda Nevegal cheers...
  19. iamemanuel

08 norco range???

hey folks, i have heard all about the 08 Atomik (not a pretty bike in my opinion) but does anyone know what any of the other norco bikes models are going to be like??? just curious post links for pics if posible cheers sam
  20. iamemanuel

where to get mtb dvd's?

Hey folks, i'm not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway ............. i am just wondering where u all buy dvd's from, like what sites, stores etc. in particular "fundementals". coz i saw a teaser on an american site but i was wondering if anywhere local sells them...