Search results

1. M

Carbon Rim Brake Pads

I have a set of Chinese Carbon Wheels and use the Blue Lifeline Carbon Brake Pads http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-performance-carbon-road-brake-inserts-pack-of-4/ They work pretty well, but are there any other pads people use that they think are better for reducing heat build up in the rims...
  2. M

Adjustable seat posts - with remote?

Looking at getting an adjustable seat post for the Trance. There are a few available eg. Rock Shox Reverb, Crank Bros Joplin, KS Dropzone and the Gravity Dropper. I am also aware that Giant have their own model which I believe is similar to a RS Reverb (but I cant locate anyone that will sell...
  3. M

Giant Trance X2 OR Avanti Torrent 2 - advice or experience?

Giant Trance X2 OR Avanti Torrent 2 I have the choice of either bike for the same price, but are having a bit of trouble making up my mind which one to get. I already own a Anthem which I race occasionally but want something with a bit more 'fun factor' for recreational riding. The kind...
  4. M

Mt Beauty - Accommodation?

Anyone know of a nice/cheap place to stay in Mt Beauty? A little holiday home with 2 or 3 bedrooms would be good, bike friendly of course…
  5. M

26 inch rear wheel, 150mm hub, 12mm axle

Item: 26 inch rear wheel, 150mm hub, 12mm axle Location: Adelaide Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $100 depending on condition Extra Info: may consider a set of wheels if price is right.
  6. M

What pound spring? help please!

Hi, I have a an old Craftworks DHR208 im doing up and buying a new rear shock and spring. Im looking at a Fox Van R 2009, (222mm - 70mm stroke). What would be the best pound spring for a 80kg rider? 300, 350 or 400? Any help would be appreciated.
  7. M

Brake problems - advice?

Running old Dura Ace brakes with Koolstop pads mounted to a carbon Tarmac with Fulcrum 5's. When I am descending at speed and use the rear brake to slow or 'brake check' into a corner I get a fine vibration (and sometimes squeaky noise) that feels like the pads are sticking to the rim a bit...
  8. M

Un-sportsman like behaviour/riding

I am interested in other peoples views on a fellow competitors actions during a recent road race. For what ever reason there were only 4 people in my category in a 105 km race. I assumed we would all work together in such a small bunch and then with 5, 10 or 20kms to go the racing and real...
  9. M

SA SOLD Giant XTC Team 07 OS model

Item: Giant XTC Team 07 OS model 19 inch Location: Adelaide Item Condition: very good Reason for selling: do not use I have upgraded to 08 Anthem Price and price conditions: $1750 ONO neg. plus shipping Extra Info: Fox RLC forks (full rebuild with new 'endura seals') Sram XO rear d...
  10. M

Advocacy Alert Mt Remarkable NP Trail Survey - cycling access

Dept. for Environment and Heritage in South Australia are currently preparing a Trail Plan for Mt Remarkable National Park. Mountain Bikes are currently banned from using any of the trails, fire tracks and vehicle management tracks in the park and given its connection with Melrose (the SA...
  11. M

DIY servicing your Fox RP23

I saw a 'how to' article in a MTB mag a while back on how to service your Fox RP23 rear shock, but I cant remeber where i saw it. Does anyone know of a website or something with a step by step of how to service your own RP23? Help would be appreciated as the Fox website doesnt seem to give that...
  12. M

How do I view pinkbike vids?

When i click on links to pinkbike vids everything is there except the actual video (theres just a blank white space) any help would be appreciated. I have tried registering a pinkbike user account and that is not working, it just keeps 'loading' for ever! :confused:
  13. M

The Foxy 1000

THE FOXY 1000 has been done and won at Adelaides Fox Creek. 4 x 25 km Laps with just over 1000m climbing on each lap it was a bloody hard race. Brett Anderson took out the solo male in 6 hours and 46 minutes Tristan Bennett took out the solo male single speed in 7 hours and 40 mins...
  14. M

Giant Anthem riders 'help'

I ride an Anthem 0 and love it, even during a tough race I am thinking to myself 'shit this is a really good bike'. Anyhoo I have had trouble finding a good bottle cage that suits the positioning of the cage mounting holes to the rear shock mounts. I have a crappy/ugly one that fits but would...
  15. M

sold

Item: NEW Maxxis DH Tubes in boxes Location:Adelaide Item Condition:New in boxes Reason for selling:Not required Price and price conditions:$5 each Extra Info:26 x 2.5, schrader valves Pictures: if you really need em...
  16. M

UCI BMX World Champs 2008

Just found out that the world champs were in Adelaide on the weekend about 5 minutes from my house, didnt know a thing about it, fkd off i missed it!! Whos responsible for promoting this stuff??
  17. M

Australian Cycling Awards 2007

Was it just crap journalism in Adelaides terrible newspaper 'The Advertiser', or did Sam Hill and Tracy Hannah not win any awards or recognition at last nights (Friday 14 December) Australian Cycling Awards :confused: Tell me it aint so...:mad:
  18. M

XC Forks - cheap

What: 80 - 100mm, disc specific, XC forks, skewer hub Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $250 Location: Adelaide Extra Info: Not after anything too fancy. For wifes XC bike/my commuter.
  19. M

Good XC Hardtail Frame

Im looking for a nice, light, XC hardtail frame 18 - 19 inch in size. PM me if you have something good.